web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
As to the topic at had I think many of you would be interested in Cisco's new ASA 5505. The 5505 is to replace the PIXs 501-505 and has fully functional 8 port switch that is capable of VLANing and Trunking. Two of the ports are 802.3af PoE. For small customers this is truly a "ONE BOX" solution. To see all of the features go to https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html
for more information.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

We use these at the company I work for, Overall they are very easy to setup and I haven't had any problems with them at all. I am currently linking our new office together with our main server via VPN. Its a first for me, but sure is fun wink

The only downside is buying licenses can get really expensive. The lowest price I found for a 10 user Global VPN license was around $225, this is rather a good price considering that 1 license costs around $35.

Overall, a very good brand of router, but rather pricey if you want to fully open them up.

Ed :thumb:

Well I replace about 5-10 sonicwalls a month, they are crap. much better to get a pix 501 IMHO.

I always use Pix 501 and 506e. I've got about 10 of them in my server room. I'm actually shopping around for a SonicWall TZ170 to replace 2 of the Pix at my customer. The reason being is that Pix 501/506e don't support Dual Wan which is what the customer is requesting. The only solution with Cisco is to go withthe 515. The 515 is over 4xxx$. The SonicWall is 7xx$. There's also Fortigate 100A that would do the job but it's in the 2xxx$ range I believe.

Replacing 5-10 sonicwalls a month is pretty weird. I had to replace only 1 single Pix 506 that blew after a power surge but that's about it. I would be pretty surprised there are that many defective SonicWalls.

im just going to chime in here. IPCOP is a free linux based firewall/vpn that runs on a PC, we have replaced sonicwall with it on multiple client sites in a pinch and found ipcop works better, offers orange and green card capability as well as plugins like roadwarrior VPN and Dansguardian content filter

Jay, a recovering IT guy
PIX 501 is ok for small sites, 506 a bit better. Both of which will be EOLed very soon to be replaced with the ASA product line. If you have either or have customers with them dont let smartnet run out. If there is a lapse after EOL date they will not be able to buy smartnet on them. The last I checked the smaller ASAs to replace the 501 and 506 were not available. I dont have alot of experience with SonicWall but as stated the PIX 515 and 525 are golden IMO

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,654 Shoretel
189,545 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024