web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ideal Crimpmaster / Telemaster. I had a GMP but it was too heavy to keep on my toolbelt all day. Anyone use that new Harris Jackrapid for the Leviton Gigamax keystones? I bought one for $60 and it has been a real timesaver.

Brandon C.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have an Ideal Telemaster as well, but don't really use it much anymore. I try to use premade cables whenever possible.

As far as the JackRapid is concerned, I've been using mine for 6-8 months. It's gotten a bit "notchy" in terms of grip pull, but still works as well as when it was new.

-Steve
I stumbled upon a $6 generic brand at Home Depot, works like a charm.

I have worn out one Ideal Telemaster and am well on the way with the second one. Will probably replace it with same.
Dave

Fax # 570-323-0809
I got my on cyberXlink.com. It is cheap one. It crimps RJ45 only. Good enough for me.

GMP since the late 80's. Last forever

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
GMP sells dies to fit their plugs, and dies to fit AMP plugs. Which would be more compatible with Allentel plugs, and more generic (who knows what purchasing buys) plugs? I know when I previously had a GMP (great tool!), we had to make sure we bought only specific plugs when we went to Graybar. If I were to buy one, would I want the one with GMP dies or AMP dies? What's the difference?

Thanks!

Justin

AMP dies and make sure you always purchase AMP plugs. I believe the only one you need to worry about is the 8 pin/8 position. About the only thing "standard" with them is the width and pin location. Seems different plug manufacturers put the cable strain relief (the piece of plastic behind the pins that gets scrunched down on the cable jacket to hold it) in different places because some plugs are longer than others.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
KLD Offline
It's strange how a 2 1/2 year old post comes alive......Ideal here, also.

Ken
---------
EZRJ45 it's a no brainer,a little expensive,about .59 per,but buy some boots ,and they look factory bought,The problem I see with making your own cables is ,Everyone thinks they are free,I do some sub work for a company ,and they allways somehow forget to furnish patch cables,I tend to make my own in just certain applications.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,502 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Touch Tone Tommy, Yoda), 179 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024