web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have been having some issues with one of our Phone accounts. We have a PRI T1 in one of our offices. We have been having Caller ID issues. The office building has two companies in it, and all outbound calls from the building have the same caller ID. The caller ID shows the main number for Business #1. So, when Business #2 makes a call the number for Business #1 shows on the caller id. When someone returns that call they get the wrong business, even though they are in the same building.

I have been speaking with the phone company, and they have been giving us the run around for weeks now. At first they said they could correct the caller id. Then they said we need to upgrade to a PRI T1 to fix the issue. Our bill shows that we already have a PRI T1. Now they are saying that we have a "first generation PRI" and that we need to pay extra per month to upgrade to a newer PRI.

Does this sound right? I am no phone expert, but in the limited amount of research I have done on this, isn't caller ID a big part of what PRI is? If we are paying for PRI should it be able to outpulse the DID's from every extension in the building without upgrading? I feel like I am being conned.

Maybe I should rephrase my question... Is there such a thing as a first generation PRI T1 that can not accommodate multiple caller ID's? If our PBX is sending out the proper information for the individual phone ext.'s - is there a PRI T1 that wouldn't be able to pass that on?
Any help would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Let's also flip the question over. Is the phone system capable of sending out CID? And assuming it is CAPABLE, is it programmed to send out 'variable CID'?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
I have been told our PBX is capable, and is programmed correctly. It's a Toshiba DK280.

what protocol are you running. they may want you to upgrade to NI2

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
PM'd you Yevette

When did the issue start?

Forty six years and still fascinated with Telecommunications!
OP Offline
@Anthony - I'm not sure about the Protocol...?

@John - It has always been this way, but it was never an issue until now.

The phone company wants to charges us twice as much per month for this "new" PRI T1 - and all we need it to do is send out the caller ID's for more than just the main number. They are not suggesting we do anyhing different with the PBX, I assume they are getting the correct info from it. I am just confused by the comments made by the phone company about us having a "first generation PRI" - and some how replacing that and paying more money for a new one is going to solve all our problems?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Is the contract up on the PRI/T1 by chance?? If so shop around but be sure you state what you are looking for and let them fight for your business. Just a thought if the contract is up.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
@Russs - That's interesting you mention that, yes our current contract will be up in April. We were just talking about shopping around.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Well it does put you in the driver seat. laugh

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,821
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,475 Shoretel
189,231 CTX100 install
187,528 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (erniejoey, highlysecptial), 119 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024