web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
That's odd because both the Newbridge and CarrierAccess channel banks have fxs ports, the newbridge even has a substantial 90V ringer supply! All I want to do is use the fxs ports, no T1 comming in, just to provide multiple dial tone ports for 1a2 and single line phones.

You can always tell when something is old if it says "Made in USA"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm not quite sure but why wouldn't you be able to plug the box into ethernet and then use the fxs ports for your sip trunks? I don't see "why" that wouldn't work. Perhaps a call to Adtran can confirm that?

Why would the fxs sip trunks care if they came via ethernet or T1/router port?

Problem there is you are paying for all of the other bells and whistles that you won't be using anyway.

Shrug...

Fred

OP Offline
And getting documentation on these can be all but impossible. I wonder what the default IP would be to access features?

OP Offline
https://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+Channel+Bank It seems like they have tested this thing and had success. How can I get technical info to see if mine has a compatible ethernet port?

If you mean the Adit 600, any ethernet handoff will do but you might need a crossover cable depending on the application. The CMG cards are "ok" really but I'm not a huge fan of the adit. Make sure you have the latest cmg code.

Just also know that it DOES require MGCP as the Adit does not support SIP trunks yet and it also doesn't support FXO as of yet from what I read below. (Can you do MGCP with Asterisk?)

I should also warn you that from my experience, Carrier Access doesn't think on the IP level very well. They are a voice company first with data thrown in because they felt they had to.

Just so you also know, the Adit 600 doesn't even have a way to keep time/date info in a reboot or loss of power scenario. To me it's a design flaw but they insist it was a cost saving measure. At least that's what I was told.

Carrier Access
* ADIT 600
o excellent gear perfect with Asterisk
o FXS Interfaces: supports callerid and callwaiting, doesn't seem to support callwaiting callerid, someone correct if this is wrong.
+ CMG card provides an Ethernet MGCP interface as an alternative to T1.
+ NOTE: CMG card ONLY supports FXS at this time!!!

OP Offline
Well Asterisk does have the MGCP protocol built in, but I am not sure what it's capabilities are. The MGCP capable phones sometimes work, but I know of no one using a channel bank with it. Still can't find a manual or info on the adit 600. Not worried about power failure, this thing came with a 48 Volt battery backup. Since it was free, what do I have to lose? Don't have the CMG card though, just the TDM controller and 3 8 port FXS cards. All I want is a better alternative to get a lot of FXS ports for extensions instead of using multible ATA boxes. What's the IP address the ADIT has on it?

You need to have a CMG card to do what you want. The router card is just for internet data. The CMG card acts as a router card for data and also terminates MGCP trunks. Make sure that your TDM code is over 9.0 rev too. If not, you'll probably want to update it.

I am trying to see if I have a CD which might contain a PDF for you.

OP Offline
Thanks, I would definately appreciate any documentation you can locate.

rotary500, send me your email address so I can arrange to send you PDF files. Need to see how large they are first but I have a recent document CD in front of me. smile

Emails sent and received. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,183 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 124 guests, and 415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024