web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I work with a few carriers that do not charge more or less for a PRI vs. a regular voice T1. Basically you order a voice T1 and check the box on the order form that you would like it provisioned as a PRI circuit.

Actually, based on my experience I have noticed that some carriers will charge more for a PRI because of the extra features they provide (although the extra charge is usually negotiable).

What kind of prices are you being quoted Emilia? And is it for a long distance T1/PRI or local T1/PRI?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Around here qwest has quoted some of our customers 500-600/month on a full pri. Cox is at or around 550/month also.

~r

$500/$600 per month for a "local" or "long distance" PRI?

Emilia Offline OP
OP Offline
This would be a local PRI with LD also. They quoted me about 700$ a month for the service. Which is more expensive then what the CLEC quoted us. The Clec was cheeper but we decided that it would the safer route to go with the LEC ATT. ALL in all after we calc in the LD spending this circuit will be like 1000$ Cheeper a month compared to the Voice T1 we are gettig form RIPPOFF MCI now Verizon! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I HATE MCI!!!!!!!

How many quotes have you recieved. cool

Going direct with MCI/Verizon tends to be more expensive than using an MCI reseller. For some reason the MCI-direct business model is rather antiquated and stuck in the pre year 2000s with high rates and fees that nickel and dime you for everything. And they still use the old "discount" system, where they will apply a so-called discount to make it look like you're getting a good deal for being loyal or having a high volume or whatever. When in actuality the 'discounted' rate is still higher than what most of the competition charges. FYI- If you absolutely must use the MCI/Verizon network, go with a reseller: better rates, better customer response, and overall better service.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,856
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,663 Shoretel
189,571 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 141 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024