Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#258726 09/08/09 03:28 AM
Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
I want to take a DID in a DX-120 and have it answered by a particular menu. The only way I can really figure out how to do this is forward the DID to an extension which is directly forwarded to a mailbox. Is there any way to make that mailbox be a menu?

I can't use the trunk position answering parameter in the trans.txt since it could come in on any trunk.

Surely there's a simple way to do this, I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks, Bill.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Ring the DID to an unused analog port and forward that to voice mail.

[Linked Image]
Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
You're missing what I'm asking, that's beginner stuff. What I want to do is send the call to a specific menu. DID calls can come in on any trunk so using the trans.txt to designate a specific trunk to be answered by a specific menu is out.

The DX-120 does not have a field for forwarding calls to 433 with a VMID tag like many other systems do. If I could forward a phone to voice mail and select a specific menu versus the call going the the station's mailbox I would be set up.

UCD programming only allows reroute to an extension or a hunt group so this isn't an option.

Somehow I need to have a particular DID number be answered by a specific menu versus the standard 800 day and 801 night that is default when the calls are routed to 433. Sending a DID call to a given extension is not hard, it's figuring out how to have that extension route to a menu versus it's own mailbox I'm having trouble figuring out. This may not even be the right approach to this problem. I'm open to ideas.

--Bill.

Admin
Admin
OK here's my test and take. If you send the the DID to 433 you're right there is no VMID tag so your going to get 23 different trans.xxx possibilities depending on the channel it comes in on....however if you send it to an analog port say 149 in my test case then fwd to voicemail you always have the 149 tag to modify.

the string+149=Routing box *,*

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Also, do a search in the Comdial forum for "Change RB in trans.txt" for some more info and a different way to go about it---I think RBF's is a bit simpler but I know for sure that the other way with the open line port works, too.

Tell us how it comes out.

Deltron---weren't you in on that conversation??

Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
I'm not near a system right now to test but after looking at your post and the master manual it looks like adding 149=802*,* to trans.txt would send all forwarded calls to menu 802. I don't think there would be any requirement for a reason code in this situation.

Is this correct?

--Bill.

Bonus question--day/night--

I thought of another way that should work. Point the DID to a phanton extension (like 700). In VM, create a new subscriber box 700. In box 700, set Call Transfer Information [To]: 433,802.

You might even be able to create a routing box number 700, which would send the caller directly to the routing box. I've never tried this with a DID, but you won't use an analog extension and you won't have to mess with transfer.txt(s).

Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
JW, I did post in that thread but I wasn't satisfied with the solution given.

I know TECOM inside out but the options on the Corp. Office are extensive and can sometimes be creative.

Usually there's multiple solutions to a problem. It's figuring out the simplest and cleanest. It's nice to have a forum to bounce ideas around.

--Bill.

Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
RBF, didn't work.

Williams, didn't work.

Admin
Admin
What string did you get for a voicemail to the analog box? What did the trace show? What was the trans.txt modification you tried?

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,510 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024