web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Originally posted by EV607797:
Hal, your post reminded me of this little gem that appeared on ECN a while back. Their 'approved' power cord was even more humorous!

Check out this audiophool miracle
During listening sessions, when I switched to the Wattgate I was shocked and stunned. Perhaps it was due to the way I wired the unit, or just the shear pristine transfer of electrons straight from the generation facility to my ears with no base metals such as copper to get in the way. I was pure gold to my ears. Here are my first impressions:
Musically truthful yet robust character. Delicate highs with floral overtones. Early on I got the sense that the unit was deliberately voiced. I noted a rich full-bodied sonic flavor and a pleasant mellowness in the upper band that while possibly not completely neutral I nevertheless fell in love with.
I can only hope that Wattgate takes their philosophy further an offers whole-house wiring with the same technology and possible circuit breakers with the same cryogenic treated contacts. This way I would be assured of the purity of the electrons as they enter my pristine chain of audio gear.

Yeah, I remember that. I have never heard so much s*** in my life. puke

And I rest my case. All you have to do is put it on the friggin internet and collect $147 for a $15 Hubbel receptacle.

And you wonder why we have the problems with all the know-it-alls who think they know better than we do about telecom.

Blame Al Gore and his inventing the internet for everybody telling us they have to have VoIP. Jackasses!

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Purity of the Electrons? Wow...

OP Offline
Originally posted by Kumba:
Purity of the Electrons? Wow...
Yeah, I guess that they all must have the correct "quantum spin", whatever the hell that is...

I was not trying to weewee on anyone's parade here, I was just wishing out loud on this forum that the tube amp builders would realize that they can order custom wound and custom built transformers for little to absolutely ridiculous amounts of money (to impress the discerning listener) and that they would most likely be of better performance (audio-wise) than an half century old repeat transformer that was designed to pass a telephone signal.

And those tube amps ARE incredable... both visually and sonically. I simply wish those who purchase those items would actually study some physics before they shell out so much on such nonsense as cables that have been treated with some mouse oil that supposedly makes the audio signal purer. Heck, that discription of the 'pure electrons'above had more BS in it than a review written by some wine snob (and they are over the top in their ridiculousity) about the latest vintage to come from Bordouex.

Any way, to each his (or her) own... I am happy with my Mackie mono amps and 4 inch near field monitors that were from the days before Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) and their gritty digital sound (that I can hear with my 49 year old ears that spent too much time on the shooting range).

Best to all...

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
The comment about the 100 pound, 100 watt amp reminded me of the story about 1 of the first 'High Fidelity Transistor amps. Can't remember the brand, but it was like 50 watts/channel, Very impressive distortion (lack of) figures and weighed 10-15 (?) pounds in it's beautiful polished walnut cabinet. Didn't sell worth a tinker's damn! Manufacturer recalled them all, refitted them with polished marble or slate (some HEAVY ROCK) tops and bottoms, and since they were now 60-70 pounds, they sold like hotcakes! Heck, everybody KNEW you couldn't get quality sound out of something that weighed less than a table radio from the '40's!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Hal, your post reminded me of this little gem that appeared on ECN a while back. Their 'approved' power cord was even more humorous!

Check out this audiophool miracle

--------------------
---Ed---
Unfortunately, putting that Super-Duper Receptical on the standard in-wall wiring is like putting a CAT6 or CAT7 jack on a CAT3 cable, looks impressive, but a big waste of $$ and gains you nothing. :toothy:

Unfortunately, putting that Super-Duper Receptical...

Thing is it's not a "super duper receptcle", it's no different than an off the shelf Hubble spec grade receptacle. Apparently they buy them then dip them in a plating tank for a smidgen of gold plating (you could probably do that without even taking them apart) then dunk it in liquid nitrogen- if they even did that. Who would know?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Thing is it's not a "super duper receptcle", it's no different than an off the shelf Hubble spec grade receptacle. Apparently they buy them then dip them in a plating tank for a smidgen of gold plating (you could probably do that without even taking them apart) then dunk it in liquid nitrogen- if they even did that. Who would know?

-Hal
:rofl: Great, now you're telling me that, in my analogy, they're really ripping people off by taking a standard unmarked CAT3 jack and engraving it with an "8" and making people think they're getting something special! :rofl:

To get back to Joe's complaint, at least here they seem to be prettying up new stock and not stripping apart vintage equipment.

I wonder if anyone ever told him that the pole transformer uses aluminum windings in it, with a mix of alum/copper/zinc wiring, and miles of bird-shit and feet.

Those electrons are about as pure as your average politician! LOL

I wonder if anyone ever told him that the pole transformer uses aluminum windings in it, with a mix of alum/copper/zinc wiring, and miles of bird-shit and feet.

Why stop there? Make the power company change out their substations and power generation facilities. Go over to one of those whack job high end audiophile forums and start a topic about which power produces the purest electrons and is the best sounding - hydro, fossel fuel or nuclear. They'll be going on with that one for months. :rofl:

-Hal

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
I was shopping for some speaker cable and came across this steal of a deal! 10 feet for 1000 bucks puke

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Rockefeller+10%27+Pair+Speaker+Cable+-+Black/Gray/Red/1509368.p?id=1218265768381&skuId=1509368

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,315
Posts638,924
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,117 Shoretel
190,320 CTX100 install
188,697 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
jsaad 4
dans 4
dexman 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024