Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#256518 01/24/06 03:07 PM
OP Offline
I am working on a new 128 mb four port flash voicemail for the dx80 and have been having some issues with all the ports going into a loop. It appears to start on port one and grabs line one on the system. I have tried to turn the system off and restart and that will clear the problem for a short time. Now the auto attendant has stopped working all together. The voicemail seems to be working o.k. Can anyone give me some help on this issue?

317-710-6120
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
What software rev on the DX80?

[Linked Image]
RBF,
It's 33 sw and the latest VM flash 4. I asked him to post here, I've been working with him and tried everything I could remember from when I had this problem. We adjusted the call abandon time and the disconnect supervision time, and it has not helped. It doesn't happen on every call but seems to happen daily. I think there is a solution to this that I can't remember. Any ideas?
Mark

Admin
Admin
Upgrade the software in the DX80. We had several 33 cabinets where the ports would go offhook and grab a line. You could watch the ports and lines go busy and cycle through. F39 fixed the issue for us. Tech support had some files for the voicemail to fix this but I had little faith in that. Reset would fix the issue temporarily but would come back without rhyme or reason.

[Linked Image]
I have a F39 system doing the same thing Comdial said it's a problem they have seen before and i need to upgrade to F40. Also make sure you are receiving a disconnect from the phone company. Even if you have the routing boxes set to disconnect it seems to confuse the DX-80 if they dont receive a disconnect

I found my notes. I had this happen with 33 SW and 39 SW and both times it was a bad loop from the CO, on the 39 it was disconnect supervison, not being provided and on the 33 two lines would cause the trouble no matter what port they were plugged in to, we got the CO to use 2 different pair to drop the lines in and the trouble went away. I don't think this is a software issue. I have "in skin" VM in every level of software made for the DX80, both hard drive 8 port and 4 port flash 64 and 128. The two locations I've had this trouble at (out of about 125) the trouble has been CO related and NOT resolved by a softawre change. I would be pleased if it were that easy.
Mark

I just installed the new software so I should know in a few days if it worked or not
I did notice that the first item on the corrected issues page that comes with the software pretty much described my problem but i'm not holding my breath.

I still dont think i'm getting a proper disconnect from the CO. This is Verizon territory and they have a GTD5 switch they are changing the "PERM" setting is there anyone out there that knows if this is correct?

OP Offline
Thanks for all your help and replys. I did a cold start on the system and started from the default settings. This seems to have resolved the issue so far. I (along with marks great help and trouble shooting) think it may have been just a glich in the software. I will let you know if this problem resurfaces.
:toast:

317-710-6120
Read FAQ DX80-000015 dated Sep 03 for your answer. When you did a cold start and re-programmed fresh you eliminated your original mis-programming.

Punch, I went through that with him and it was still having a problem, cold restart did seem to work (so far) though, so maybe did miss that when I explained it to him.
Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,526 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 147 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024