Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#256242 09/20/05 07:57 AM
scottro Offline OP
OP Offline
We have the repartee 7.49 on an os2 box using a mitel switch.

Right now when a call comes in it goes to the main console phone, if that's not answered it two rings it also rings at another station.

In the past there was someone at that old station, however now that station is not in use and I want to point that functionality to another station or maybe a group so it can be easily changed.

Anybody have any advice?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Was this done through the Mitel, or through the Voicemail? Is this an auto-attendant?

Also, which Mitel? SX-20, SX-50, SX-100, SX-200, SX200 Digital Light, SX-200 ML/EL/ICP, SX-2000?

If you don't know, describe the console and the Mitel box itself (i.e. small flat box on the wall, big cubed box on the wall? small-refrigerator-looking? Series-of-PCs? Microwave-looking?)

It sounds like a console overflow point has been set on the Mitel. Depending on the Mitel type and version, this is probably an easy fix.

If it's done in VM, you might have to "reverse-engineer" how it's set up, but it's probably not too bad to fix.

scottro Offline OP
OP Offline
Our's is an SX 200 ML.

It must now be done through the mitel itself because I sure as heck can't figure out how it would have been done through the active voice. I've tried everything.

Thanks for your time!

Usually that kind of thing is set up through the phone system not the Repartee.

I wish I knew how to program Mitel I'd help you out. I do know the Repartee and there's nothing in there.

Cheryl McLean
Communications Done Right
Okay, try form 19 (Call Rerouting Table). This should be the only way to redirect console on no answer.

Set a "day" and "night1" answer point for the various types of calls (CO, DID, etc.):

CO Line Routing Points on No Answer -
Dial-In Tie Recall Points on No Answer -

optional:
DID Recall Points on No Answer -
DID Vacant Number Routing for this Tenant -

You should find the old station number on one or more of these settings.

You may also want to check your night1 settings in form 14 and form 15.

Don't do Attendant Automatic Overflow -- that has changed since the old days, when it used to do this function.

[This message has been edited by telephoneguy (edited September 20, 2005).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chemcl:
Usually that kind of thing is set up through the phone system not the Repartee.

I wish I knew how to program Mitel I'd help you out. I do know the Repartee and there's nothing in there.

</font>
I assumed that he told us about the voicemail for a reason.

It could be done, but I'm not sure why you'd do it:

Form 14 Day --> VM pilot

Opening box:
Transfer --> console; Message = "silence"; action = go to --> x

Box "x"
Transfer --> x ; message; action = Take-Msg; after message = restart.

scottro Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried going to form 19 and setting the tenant name to day (which it seemed to be originally) but none of the options have extensions in them. a few have "----".

I did try changing to group number 2 and that had an extension of 1460 in a few spots but I don't see the secondary extension that calls ring to if the main console doesn't pick up.

---- means that the column and the option don't apply to each other.

Go to form 35 and look up 1460 to see what it is (i.e. station, phantom, console, LDN button, hunt group, UCD pilot?).

Also, go to form 9 and press ESC 2 then the extension # of the phone that calls forward to. When the form jumps to that extension, see what tenant it's in.

Then check form 19 for that tenant.

scottro Offline OP
OP Offline
a little more background on what I believe are the facts of my system then i can give the results of telephoneguy's suggestions.

Main dial in number is 1400.

1401-1405 are the tenant 2 hunt group.

the Operator's phone is ext 1437. It also has 1475 tied to it. If I were to dial either number it'd hit the front desk phone (with all the buttons, etc)

1414 is the extension that rings when nobody answers the front desk phone.

1475 is set up as a transaction box of user J26 (which is the user tied to ext 1414) so of course if you're like me it seems to make sense that if i were to renumber that transaction box to a temp extension and create another with the transaction box ID of 1475 that whichever extension I create it as would then receive the rollover calls, but that's not the case.

OK, so back to the assignment.

Form 35
Ext type
1460 hunt group 2
1437 Superset
1414 Superset
1475 logical line

Form 9
Ext type tennant
1460 not found
1475 not found
1437 *sub 1
1414 4025 1

form 19
Nothing for tenant 1 except the Odd "-----"'s
and in tenant 2 the night options have 1460 in there a few times but nothing on the day slots.

Do we think it could be being handled by the active voice?

Should I try deleting the 1475 transaction box and re-creating rather than renumbering?

So 1414 is a SS4025 in tenant 1?

Okay, 2 things to check here:

Go to form 17 (hunt groups), press ESC 5, 2 ENTER
This should show you hunt group #2 (pilot 1460). If it shows you 1401-1405, this is a dead end. Forget 1460.

If it shows you 1414, or that ext. with anything else, then there's where you make your change.

If not:

Go to the phone at 1437, and press "superkey." Use the soft keys to go to forwarding, and see if it's forwarded on No Answer to 1414.

The transaction box 1475 "belongs to" 1414 because that's where it sends its messages. It has nothing to do with forwarding or routing. It's just to make sure that messages have a "home phone" and actually get to a real person.

Wait a second. In mailbox 1475, on the line that says "Transfer:" does it say "Yes-->1414" ? IF so, there's where you make your change.

If not, Voicemail probabaly has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: and of course, once I post I think of another one:

Check form 14 for your tenant1 runks and see what you night1 answer point is set to. If it's 1414, we have a winner (Attendant Forward on No Answer).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,879 Shoretel
189,987 CTX100 install
188,106 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 76 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024