web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Xcopy will work, also you could just ghost the drive to keep it simple.

Xcopy would be your ideal solution.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

can someone post how to do this batch file, I want to autoback up a COVoice by VSR.

------------------
https://www.tgscorp.com

I don't remember what directories the covoice uses, but something like this should work:

xcopy /e c:\vmdir d:\vmdir

I'll check into it and post something more exact in a few days.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
In addition to the line that Junkman gave you wil probablly want to add the /c and /y switches to keep the backup from hanging up the voicemail. Add this line to either the autoexec.bat or the batch file that the system runs for maintenance.

Kerry

What about a flash drive? Has anyone ever tried that?

looks good, I don't have a flash drive but I'll try out the xcopy. thanks a bunch.

We have a backup of our voice mail. For ours we use Norton Ghost to make a clone of the hard drive, which we have in storage, just in case.

------------------
Together We Prosper

I do a Xcopy c: d: /y/e/v on the Macrovoice systems.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
This is the second time I've done this. I just setup a Keyvoice voicemail with some consecutive batch files to prompt the operator to insert disk, type this, then it prompts when to insert the next disk. I made a 10-disk set, in case the message files consumed more than one disk. The one I just did took up 5 floppies. I did it according to the backup instructions in the I&M manual. The first disk has the config.sys and autoexec.bat. The second has the various files like the *.cfg, trans*.*, etc. I also included my Disk1, Disk2, Disk3 (and so on) batch files to backup on this disk. The 3rd disk backs up the gt*.* files. The 4th backs up nm*.* files. The 5th and higher disks back up the mg*.* files. Although the message files don't have to be backed up, it keeps the database happy when they are restored along with the *.dvm files (which I forgot to mention are also on disk 2).

Anyway, the reason I'm bringing it up is because I'm wondering if anyone else has done anything similar? I tweaked on these files a while until I got them where I thought they were decent. Then, this time, I saved the batch files, so I have them available next time I want to do this. The first time I set it up, I didn't save myself a copy, so this second time I had to do it all over again. I do think it turned out better the second time around.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

yep, I have created the same thing for the floppys. I wrote a batch file that runs and back up all the important files in the system. Not prompts or messages though.

I did this for the customers that did not want to fork out the cost of a backup hard drive. I tell them, they think the backup drive is expensive. wait to see what it cost to rebuild from scratch.

At least with the major backup files. you get the vmail structure any changes made in the trans.txt,vm.cfg and the comdial.lnk.

I back up anything that may be important to rebuilding the system.

then its just a reinstall the software and copy my files back into it and your done. other then them recording their name and greetings to their mailboxes. I copy all the routing box greetings.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

WWW.THEBESTPHONESUPPORT.COM

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,437 Shoretel
189,207 CTX100 install
187,451 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024