Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#253996 09/16/10 01:45 AM
IPK II Offline OP
OP Offline
Restarting the PC always clears it so booting in safe mode would do the same I think. I have already run defrag, malewarebbytes, etc...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#253997 09/16/10 02:59 AM
the process you mentioned is from Norton 360 or similar. The best idea would be to remove the Norton and install a free antivirus/malware like Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG Free, Avast etc.

If you really insist on keeping the Norton, download and reinstall the latest version from the Symantec web site using your account login.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
#253998 09/20/10 01:04 PM
Tonite I am removing Microsoft Security Essentials from my list of recommended free antivirus/malware programs. I have been using it for about a month, and it is very chatty. Also you have to run Windows Genuine Advantage AGAIN when you install Security Essentials, which I find insulting. How many times must we prove to Bill Gates that WE ARE NOT CROOKS.

But the worst part happened tonite. Microsoft Security Essentials decided that some perfectly innocent programs were in fact Trojans. Security Essentials would not let me do anything on my computer until I removed these programs. To top it off, Security Essentials could not remove them itself. And Security Essentials prevented me from uninstalling it at this point. In other words, it made my computer unusable. I am a computer pro and it took me several hours to fix this mess.

The last thing i need is to get a call from a client telling me he can't do a thing with his computer, and he needs me to come fix it IMMEDIATELY.

My AV recommendation at this time is AVG Free. It does not require email registration, is not chatty, and installs well. Several years ago, I didn't like AVG Free because it did not handle large attachments well. But I have not had any problems with AVG over the past year.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
#253999 09/20/10 01:35 PM
Found this on the net here:

https://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/problems-with-ccsvchstexe/167291.html

Quoting:
The main issue with ccSvchst is that it works with the Phishing filter in IExplorer. If you have IE7.0 (could be other versions but I have not tested those)when a page loads it is scanned by the filter. Many normal pages scan in a few seconds, ones with forms and such may take a minute or two while others can take constant scaning as ccSvchst never sees the end of the page thus it continues to scan and runs the cpu usage to 100% and keeps it there. To stop this you have to stop the NAV Phishing filter. Go to TOOLS,INTERNET OPTIONS,ADVANCED,and select the RESET button at the bottom. This will reset all cookies and such but more important to you is it removes the Phishing filter from IE. reload IE and it should run normally. This looks to leave ccSvcHst.exe alone and able to service the other NAV applications in the 360 program. It is my hope that they patch the mess, but for now you have a temp fix. Oh yes, forget the part of the ADVANCED section that should allow you to turn off the filter. This looks to work for one ot two boots if at all as the repair feature turns it back on. If you get an engine Error the filter is off but from my testing it will not stay off for long if it ever goes off at all.

End quoting...

Personal rant: Norton is horrid. Consider Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free.
Also, consider switching to google chrome, or firefox (yes, it is also a cpu & memory hog) to lessen the chances of being exploited by a malicios page / script / etc.

Have a day!
Tod.

#254000 09/20/10 01:59 PM
Butch Cassidy,

Ouch. I do understand your frustration. I've had MSE flag VNC as a trojan/malware. You have to chose not to clean, but to tell it to ignore.It is a PITA.

#254001 09/29/10 01:29 AM
IPK II Offline OP
OP Offline
Upgraded Norton to v4. My issue seems to have cleared.

Thanx to all!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,856
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,663 Shoretel
189,571 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 134 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024