web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Recently moved phone system to a new location. I also moved the punch down blocks with the existing wiring. The T1 connected and phones are able to send/receive phone calls as before. The only problem is that the voicemail does not connect. When users attempt to access via their phones it just rings.
Is there something I am missing? Do I need to cross anything to an extension?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you shut down the voicemail card properly before taking the system offline? Assuming its a VMS-X or VMP that you have installed in the IPK -- there is a switch on the side of the card that faces you when looking at the chassis -- the switch will be labeled "MB" or "MAKE BUSY". Turn the switch into this position, wait 45 seconds and pull the card out of the slot. Press the card back into the slot, and return the switch to its original position.

It can take up to 5-6 minutes for the VM system to fully boot up.

OP Offline
I shut off power from switch and I did not shutdown the voicemail card.

I will try that today and post back my results. Thanks for the input.
Some extra info on the system if needed:

Inserted left to right
1: cpu II (100-u10)
2: empty
3 Esie<8>-u10
4: Esie<8> piggy back unit?
5: empty
6: bti s40 etu lot 275 d? think a typo i will look again
7: sli B4-u10
8: COI(b)-u10
9 empty
10: VMPx-u40 Etu

If all you did was power down the chassis and physically move things to a new location, there will be no programming etc that needs to change.

VM's don't really like being shut down in a non-graceful way. Ive lost a few VMP's by doing this :p

OP Offline
I got to the site. I noticed there was a run/shutdown toggle switch and not the "mb"
I tried to shutdown, wait, pull/insert, return to run position. The voicemail did not come back up.
Also, when I dial the main number, it gives a busy signal. It use to ring to an ext before. Is it possible it is in night mode and the night mode is not working if the vm/auto att is down so it rings busy?

Some observations:
Ext 100 has auto att "on" visible on the lcd
one of the phones does show ext 199 on the left of the lcd which should be the voicemail.
ON the back of the card there is 3 leds, app2, app1, and shutdown. none are lit.

OP Offline
How would I know if the voicemail is bad? Is there any leds? Do i need to use cosession software to run a disk utitily?

Do you know what your VM extension is? Press the VOICEMAIL Button on the phones and see what ext it tries to dial.

Download the manual for the VMP card and check out the section where it tells you what all of the LED's are for. You'll find out if your VMP is booted up or not. Then you can keep reading for some information on diagnostics, etc.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
its really not fair to your customer to be moving something without having the skill-set and resources to take care of issues like this that may come up .

problems like this are the reason a knowledgeable phone tech not a PC repair guy should be handling this type or work

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
I did not want to move the phone system. The previous vendor they were using ripped them off and locked them out of their system. They did not trust random phone companies. I am familiar with avaya phone systems. I just want to get them up and running so they can find a new vendor. Thanks for the help so far.

OP Offline
In summary, when moving an nec elite ipk phone system:
1: Turn cf flash vm card to off:
2: power off system
3: power on system
4: set vm cf card to on

no cross-connecting is needed. One does not need to know the pin-outs to 66 blocks and the voice-mail extension is accessible if the system is up.

Is that a valid summary?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,852
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,559 CTX100 install
187,833 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024