Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Engenius used to welcome dealers as direct distributors. That may be a cost lowering option. On the other hand, the few that I purchased were often cheaper from Graybar and the like when they had a sale. You buy 2 from the factory, they buy 200. Who do you suppose get's a better price?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Zane

I've got about 3 dozen Engenius phones setup at a resort in Boulder, same scenario as yours, but they just rent a phone to the guest as an option, so it doesn't get left in the room.

Down side is that each base station can only accept 4 analog connections, so for multiple phones with DID's to them you need multiple base stations and multiple external antenneas... it does work, but can be expensive, not as expensive as trenching and laying cable though....

D

Admin
Admin
I don't know, $1000 buys you a lot of cable, especially 4 pair direct burial. Economy protectors about $5 a pair, so now you're down to cost of installation and terrain. \

About a year ago, I looked into inexpensive FXO's and a solution for hospitality. The price beat EnGenious, but it still was a bit pricey. We were looking at surplus DLink WiFi phones as the terminating end. This was basically so the front desk could get "poor man's long range wireless" access to the front desk. I think the owner was just kicking tires, because he wanted me to make a "second" survey to his property. Huh? Did you move it :-).

Carl

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Look for an FXS to an FXO Ip gateway. Then uses some wireless IP solution to connected them to a single line port off the system.

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
This will give you wireless CO extension.

https://www.ritron.com/pdf/telecat2.pdf

I'm not sure on the cost. I also believe Senao made a similar device that only sold for around $300 dollars but I cant find it. Sounds like maybe an IP Gateway may be the solution if the wireless CO extenders dont pan out.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
isn't that the one they used to list but say it wasn't FCC approved so couldn't use it in the USA ?

I didn't see anything on the site that references it but that would be a concern..

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Possibly, I've never used one before so im not sure.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,645 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dave Simmons, Yoda, justbill), 154 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024