Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jima Offline OP
OP Offline
I work for the PRI provider, therefore know nothing about phone systems.

The story: A customer had lines before so used *67 to restrict outbound callerid. They've asked for the same feature after changing to PRI and it cannot work. (We do have a "default" CPN if their system doesn't override...I did not see any CPN sent in my d-ch traps so we always send default.)

Is there a setting that permits them to send us a presentation indicator = Restricted in the d-channel messaging? If we see that we will not pass CPN.

Or, a workaround where a code will route differently in the NEC and send us a "blank" in the CPN field, which would override our default CPN and effectivey be private without being private.

Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I am intruding on this post because you are looking at this from a provider's point of view. Some systems do have a "outbound number sent over PRI" program and can even send 000-000-0000 if desired.

On some systems this is programmed on a station by station basis. Some even allow an agent to dial a code to change their station number which would then be able to send a different number over the network.

Now returning this thread back over to the NEC Elite techs...

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I think the ELite 192 needs to be v8000 or higher to manipulate outbound CID on a PRI.

Why won't *67 work on your PRI?

We get old too soon, smart too late
Program 4-65 can change outbound Caller ID over ISDN on a per station basis.

This is not something they typical user can access and change on the fly though.

D

jima Offline OP
OP Offline
I asked about the current version, but if cannot be done on a per call basis, as I infer from doghart, the vendor may need to come up with something else.

dans - No we don't recognize *67 on PRI, however, if the messaging includes a restriction indicator ( ex. A0 Presentation Indicator Restricted), we will make the call private. If the system can make that happen with a *67, great. I have see traps on systems that are capable of this, such as Shoretel.

Thank you for the quick replies.

If Your the Provider of the PRI, why can't you just send The Customers main Telephone Number no matter What Channel they go out on?

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
jima Offline OP
OP Offline
We do whenever they don't send a CPN in their Q.931 message. In this case they never send CPN, so I'm not even sure the system is capable of doing it. If they do, we would allow it to override, so even a blank would make it effectively private. (Issue = They are trying to make calls private on a per call basis by any station who wants.)

If CPN cannot be manipulated on per call, then we could build two trunk groups on the PRI, one with privacy marked so all calls are private, but the 192 would need to be able to route their "*67" calls to that trunk group (or channels). I haven't asked the guy if he can do that yet.

I'm trying not to just tell the customer, "too bad."

If, The Customer has at Least Ver.6000 Software on their CPU, They may be abel to use MB:3-52 To send you a (999) for example, program two Trunk Groups (9&8) if they use 9 it will send their Main Number, and If they Use 8 it will send (999). Of corse This Programming will have to done by a Tech that Knows NEC 192.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
jima Offline OP
OP Offline
They're still working on getting me the s/w version. All they can tell me at the moment is that it's old, but a tech is supposed to call me soon. I'll ask about this possibility.
Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Bob3470, Dave Simmons), 140 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024