Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't know if this can be done, but here goes! I am currently setting up an IPK system with a analog card. The MIFM card has the KMM chip and caller id is enabled with scrolling on all of the digital phones. I currently have CO4 set to DIT to ext 200 which goes to a analog phone. The problem is that the caller id is not pushed through to the analog phone. Is this even possible? If it's not possible then lets look at option #2.

If it's not possible to push through the caller id to the analog ports then I would want the co to ring on the digital phones and the analog phone at the same time. The only hitch here is that the co was set to DIT to the analog phone for a reason. We want to bypass the AA to a direct ext VM. So if the DTH phones and the analog phone go unanswered I want ext 200's VM to answer the co, not the AA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have never played with Caller ID on single-line phones before, however the manual doesn't say anything about restrictions with single-lines.

Assuming station 200 is an analog port (not SIE assignment), I would think the programming in MB 1-1-78 to enable passing CID data to 200's port should do the trick.

Let us know if you get it to work.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I guess I have to make this even more complicated. The SLI(4) card has two of the four ports being occupied. One of the ports (ext 200 / terminal 13) goes to a set of regular residential style phones. It's not a single line NEC phone. It's actually a set of cordless phones used in a warehouse. The other port (ext 201 / terminal 14) goes to a fax machine. The warehouse has its own co which rings directly to them and bypasses the operator. When I go to memory block 1-1-78 terminal 13 was not activated, however I did activate it which doesn't seem to do anything.

Have you confirmed you are receiving caller ID info on that line?

We get old too soon, smart too late
tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes I have made sure that I'm receiving caller id. To test my theory I did the following: I put a DTH-16LD-1 phone in the warehouse. I did a delayed DIT to ext 200 (Station 13). I enabled CO4 ring on the DTH-16LD and left it disabled on all other phones. When I do a test call to CO4 I get a ring on station 12 (the DTH-16LD phone) with caller ID. Ten seconds later CO4 DIT's to ext 200 and the caller ID is dropped. In addition, I've enabled ring on Station 13 (ext 200) for CO4. So when I call CO4 I get a ring on the DTH phone and the analog phones. Again the DTH shows the Caller ID and the analog phones do not. When the call times out it goes to the mailbox for ext 200 as it was DIT'ed, which is what we want.

Any further suggestions. I'm all ears!!!!

Did you enable send caller ID to SLT in class of service 1-1-08?

We get old too soon, smart too late
tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
You mean 1-8-08 wink I have the class of service for station 13 set to 00 and in the c.o.s. for 00 I have p4lk3, p4lk4, p5lk7, and p6lk5 all on. By the way, the c.o.s. for the digital phones is also 00, which works fine.

The only reason that I say that this might not work is because the call has to go through the COIB card in order to pickup the callerid signal. When the call is transfered to the analog SLI card it essentially leaves the COIB card, correct? If or when it leaves the COIB card does it carry the callerid over to the SLI card? If it does, does the SLI card have the ability to re-convert the digital callerid signal back to an analog callerid signal? This is where I think I've ran into a limitation in the system. I have reviewed the setup of the caller id over and over and can't find anything out of place. As I stated, the caller id has no problem displaying on the digital phones.

I'm not aware of the setting you are referring to however, "send caller ID to SLT". There's no such option that I see.

I ran another test with the system, which I don't think has anything to do with this issue because I believe the signal just passes through. If we activate call waiting with the phone company and occupy CO4 while attempting another call to CO4 the caller ID shows up. Like I said, I think that this just passes through the SLI card direct from the phone company. Because the CO has been tossed to the SLI card its in a analog format. It wouldn't get converted from analog to digital, back to analog. Don't know if I'm correct in this, I'm just a lowly end user laugh

Thanks for all of the help and I'm open to any more suggestions. Maybe we can all learn from this one!

It uses the COIB REGARDLESS of what type of phone is used, so NO it never "leaves" the card.

Scott.

The dial tone from the CO, and the COIB card are Both analog dial tone, digital would be a PRI or T1. So the digital to analog and vice versa you mentioned means nothing. That is not your problem. Are you referring perhaps to what DIT means??? It stands for Direct Inward Termination.

Scott.

tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I know that the signal coming from the line to the cabinet is analog, however doesn't the IPK convert that analog signal to a digital signal once it's received? I know what DIT is and I'm using DIT on CO4.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,661 CTX100 install
187,871 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 130 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024