Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dirk Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an NEC PRO II, and I switched a few cards around to accommodate some more extensions. For the life of me, I can't remember how to transfer a CO to the voicemail extension in case no one answers the line. I have an external voicemail unit, with no attendant. Could anyone guide me in the right direction, where to look in the programming. Everythings else is working, except that.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Try pressing speaker, dial 43,then the pilot number of the voice mail hunt group, then press speaker again to hang up from the extensions that will not forward to voice mail.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
Sounds like your talking delay to auto attendant.

If you have external voice mail system that would indicate voice mail is connected to analog ports, if you moved the analog station card to a different slot you than changed the ports.
Confirm your voice mail pilot port number.

Check 4-01 delay (red lamp)for your pilot port number on each trunk

We get old too soon, smart too late
Dirk Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tried both suggestions. The voicemail is attatched to 4 anolog ports, and they are selected for voicemail. There probably one little setting I'm just not seeing. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help..

Verify the analog station numbers for the voice mail ports in MB 4-10,

I don't recall if the Pro II uses Memory Block 1-8-26 for voice mail pilot #, but check there to see if your first vm analog station number is programmed.

MB 4-35 should be "Yes" (LK 2) for each vm analog port

MB 4-14 should be "Yes" (LK 2) for first vm analog port

MB 4-15 should be programmed for circular hunt (i.e., say port 25 is first vm analog port as extension 300, then in 4-15; port 25 = 301, port 26 = 302, port 27 = 303, port 28 - port 300).

Also, from any station, make a test call to the vm pilot extension. Does the VM answer?

Then, transfer an incoming call to the vm pilot extension, does it answer?

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
Dirk Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks all for your patience, I double checked all the settings so far, and they are correct. I have 4 ports assigned to voicemail. Port 25=station 30, etc. Port 25 is the master, I can transfer calls, internal and external to the pilot station of 30, and it answers. The only problem is when I call, lets say line 1, and nobody picks up, it just keeps ringing. I would like for the voicemail to pickup after, lets say 18 seconds. Which MB 1-2-22 is set for 18s. Where would I set the station# for the FWD NOANS setting?

4-1, and 4-2 for the port numbers of VM. Hit the line key for the CO line number twice,(it'll turn red for delay ring).

Scott.

At each station: press "SPEAKER", dial 43, then dial vm pilot 30 (as IPKII posted above). This will allow all transferred calls to go to the appropriate station's mail box when calls are trasnferred.

For incoming calls that go unanswered: Ensure all trunks are not DIT'd to a station (MB 3-42) in day mode. For night mode AutoAttendant where the VM will pick up all calls, DIT all trunks in MB 4-43 to vm pilot 30.

Finally, as "scotttoolguy" posted, in MB 4-1, vm ports 25 - 30, press each incoming line key twice (red) for delay ring.

Dirk Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tried everything that has been written so far. I can get the VM to answer either right away or not at all. BUT can get it to answer when the VM extension is dialed. Let me simplify what I'm tring to do. All phones to ring, then after 20 seconds have the VM answer. Regardless of time of day I undeerstand the delay ringing, but for some reason it does not matter if the VM ports are set for delay or not, it answers right away.

What are your assignments for each trunk in 3-42, and 3-43?

What is assignment for 1-1-77 (delay ring transf)?

In 4-10, if your VM analog ports are 25 - 28, what are the station numbers assigned to each port?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,907 Shoretel
190,068 CTX100 install
188,242 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024