Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
Here's the situation:

One of our techs is needing to get a customer's NEC Elite to work with a customer's IVR system, according to the specs laid out by the IVR developer.

The IVR uses 4 analog station ports. All calls into the system come in VIA PRI/DID, except for calls to the IVR. Calls to the IVR come in on loop start lines.

Our tech has put the IVR station ports into a master hunt setup, and designated them as voicemail ports, so DTMF will be passed. The problem he's running into is getting them to do one thing that the specs require.

The specs say that if a port goes unanswered, it should forward up to the receptionist's station. He is telling me that the port to port hunting is working fine, as the master hunt setup is allowing it to do. He said that no matter how he tries to setup call-forward-no-answer on the ports, only transferred calls will follow that forwarding. He said direct-ring (from the loop start lines) calls that ring to those ports will not follow the no-answer forwarding.

Any thoughts?

He mentioned UCD, but he and I both thought a MIF would be required for that. Are we right?

Any other possible solutions?

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you usung MB 4-01 (CO Ringing Assignment)?

You should use MB 3-43 (DIT Direct In Termination) in order to get the Hunt groups and CFB/CFNA to work right.

DJ

you didn't specify what style of elite....48, 64, 192, ipk

yes a mifa card is needed for ucd. and add to that a kma chip for acd if acd is needed.

are you dit/ana (3-42/43) the analog lines to the ivr ports OR are you just ringing them (4-01/02)?

how are you doing your hunting? (4-15)? or by forwarding ext to ext?

OP Offline
I'll check with him. My guess is he used 4-01/02 for ringing.

It's an Elite 192.

So using 3-42/43 will make that big of a difference? I believe that is the program that voicemail was using for inbound calls, prior to them switching over to PRI, if I remember right. I guess there is a reason for using that instead of 4-01/02.

3-42/43 is the preferred method for ringing a hunt group like that (or directly to a vm for auto attendant).

although 4-01/02 will work somewhat, it won't work right.

try that 1st and see if it helps.

OP Offline
I just asked him. He said he was already using DIT. The no-answer forwarding to a non-hunt station (receptionist) is still not working under the DIT program setup.

He said the DIT program is pointing the lines to ring to the Master Hunt station.

and he is doing a speaker 43 and the recepts ext on those ports as well (forward busy/no-answer)?

how is he doing his hunting? 4-15?

what version of software in the cabinet. go to any display phone and do a feature 3

per version 8 features & specs:
dit section:
Incoming DIT calls follow the station Call Forward setting.

station hunting section:
CO Ring transfers, DIT/ANA, Tie/DID, and internal calls to an Intercom Master Hunt Number do not hunt past an unanswered member of the hunt group.

When a station number other than the Intercom Master Hunt Number in the hunt group is dialed directly, the hunt is not provided.

When an Intercom Master Hunt Number is set for Call Forward – All Call/Busy, incoming calls follow the Call Forward setting. When the Forward to Station is busy, the incoming calls
follow the station hunt assignment.

you might also try to set all of the ports as master (4-14)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,295
Posts638,837
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,645 Shoretel
189,531 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, Yoda, Toner), 159 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024