web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I see that you have contacted Verizon, but according to Google there is a department in the New York City government that regulates pay phones. They may be able to give you contact information for the owner of the sets.
https://www.nyc.gov/html/doitt/html/consumer/consumer_payphones.shtml

There is also contact information for a NYC payphone association on the same web page.

According to the NYC website 212-639-9675 is the POTS number to allow out of New York City calls into the NYC 311 system to contact this department.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Well... I am getting the run around as many of you made point of.

Verizon refuses to even acknowledge that the two numbers are in their network. They are pushing me around like a ping pong ball.

My vendor says they can block the numbers but they need to know what numbers are calling. I cannot say that it is the pay phone numbers as it is probably a number behind those numbers.

I tried starting a Fraud complaint with ATT just incase there is something else happening but they may not get back to me for a while.

I will try the New York pots line Payphone Assoc.

Is there any possible way to find out who owns these phones? This is crazy hitting such walls already.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Admin
Admin
Rhonda..I think the quick fix is to have your carrier block the numbers you listed in the first post.

[Linked Image]
The number I first posted for you is for the NYC department that looks after the franchise rights for payphone companies. I would hope that they have a xref database of numbers to owners in case of problems.

I did a little more digging and found the contact information for the New York Payphone association here. https://www.ipany.com/contact.html

Hope this helps.

(You)

Is there any possible way to find out who owns these phones? This is crazy hitting such walls already.
(Me)

Verizon will be useless and unsympathetic.

You can find out who owns the numbers if you are willing to do a little legal work at your local court house.

You need to open a small claims case, with a docket number (costs very little) then when you get a call, dial *57 and local law enforcement will get a read out of the number. You can then subpoena the LEC to divulge who the owner of the number is.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
https://www.nyc.gov/html/doitt/html/consumer/consumer_payphones.shtml

Thank you as I just submitted an online form to the NY Payphone Complaint Dept. I pray this works.

My ATT account rep said I should contact the ATT Fraud Dept. Fraud said I should contact the Annoyance Bureau. The Annoyance Bureau annoyed me with their "if you haven't filed a police report for threatening orobscene we really can't help you..."

Pretty much a hair puller...

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
"According to the NYC website 212-639-9675 is the POTS number to allow out of New York City calls into the NYC 311 system to contact this department."

I called this number and ran into a dead end. They told me I had to pay $5.00 to talk to them but they can't help me if I can tell them the business information on the pay phones. I explained that I am in Wisconsin and the phones are in Queens, NY.

NY City Gov has now directed me to the BBB which cannot help me becuase I don't know the name of the owner of the pay phones.

OMG! I guess I'll start over with my ATT Rep. They are the only ones with something to loose if I loose my temper and fire them.

Next step if I cannot get the pay phones blocked is to write all of this up for the PSC.

Thanks again for all of your input.

I give up.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
while I can see you certainly need to do what you can at this point. I would expect the problem to resolve itself

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Skip is right. The owner of these phones will soon realize that they aren't receiving status reports from them and take the necessary steps to fix them. I'd imagine that this will occur when they go to check the coin boxes and find them full. For now, they probably just think that they are empty since they aren't receiving reports. That can only go on for so long.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,816
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,443 Shoretel
189,212 CTX100 install
187,455 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 187 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024