web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
i've never tried it but i'm pretty sure that the ipk sat isn't compatable with the level 2

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi Chris. Well, I'm on the road again. I get the correct software for the Nec Electra Professional Level II. Is the EPL06.00, in the manual appears as EPSP.

I sucesfull installed it and conect to the KTS at 4800 baud.

First of nothing, I did a complete download of all the memory blocks of the KTS, and then take a look around some configs I have made before with the terminal.

This was for the plan to add a voicemail to the kts but first back-up all the settings if someting gets wrong.

Finally, I have the VoiceMail card purchased. is the VMS F(4)-20. Before installing the card I was curious about how to tell the kts that the vm card is in. without instaling the card, when choosing the System Configuration --> Interface Slots in the EPSP and choosing a 'not assigned' slot, in the listed options do not appears the VMS F(4)-20 card. Why?

How I need to select the voicemail card?
The system has voicemail capacity, because in other menus have the options to configure some items like disconnect time, etc.

Another question. The card is intended to be installed in a "hot" way, I mean, with the system running but the new card ned to be in the off position before plug. this is ok?

thanks.

Greetz to all the forum

it's been a while since i've done an ad-8.....

i'm thinking you need to assign the card as a esi8 in 7-1

those new ports need to be set up as vm ports in 7-2

ext numbers need to be assigned in 4-10 for those ports

the pilot number to the vm should be set as the master in 4-14

you'll need to setup a hunt group for those ports in 4-15

certain features need to be allowed in class of service for the phones (ie live record) in 1-8-08

=======================================

then you'll need cosessions to do any programming on the vm itself

Ok, so this means that the card not necessarily needs to be indicated as the available options in the list, and can function properly?

I have searching the net for a clue that tell me if this card is compatible.

In ebay the card is anounced as:

"Manufacturer NEC
Model VMS-F(4)-20
Stock 792010
Description:
Full Digital Integration The ElectraMail AD8 is digitally linked inside your NEC Electra Professional Level II and IIA. This customized digital integration ensures accurate message-taking, reliable message lights and message delivery. It also means the ElectraMail AD8 is easy to install and maintain. The speed and accuracy of digital integration enables the ElectraMail AD8 to save user time by moving quickly through the system, connecting users directly to their voice mail to retrieve messages instead of having to access a main voice mail greeting first. This direct connect capability ultimately lessens the load on your telephone system. 4 Port Voice Mail for Electra Professional II / 120"

This means that this card does not need to be assigned because is 'digitally linked inside' ?

Or is my firmware outdated and does not have listed the vms card as an assignment option?

Or... is this card really not compatible for the Electra Pro Lev.II?

This are my lasts questions before push the card in the slot -and lost my job if the system broke :`( -

Well.. lets have some fun [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Regards

no it still needs all of the above programming. there just isn't an option in 7-1 for a voicemail card (there is in newer systems) and it's just set as digital stations instead.

i wouldn't plug that in hot either. i'd shut down the system b4 plugging it in. i've blown power supplies doing it hot.

Good. Then I start this saturday when there are only a few people here, to shut down the system.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chrislebeck:
it's been a while since i've done an ad-8.....
</font>

NEAXMail AD-8 will be migrating to the Linux operating system in the near future ... Just an FYI ...

------------------
NEC Unified Solutions / Voice Mail and Unified Messaging | Active Voice, LLC

[Linked Image from necunified.com] [Linked Image from activevoice.com]

yeah i've heard that.but this is the old ad-8 for the level 2 he's got

Hi. I'm back after some weeks off. Well, i have the card plugged in the kts. I assign it as esi8 in 7-1 and shutdown the kts. Then when i went to 7-2 i notticed the new ports were 33,34,35 and 36, and they have been automatically detected as digital voicemail ports. so i leave 7-2 settings for this ports unchanged.

THen i went to 4-10 to assign ext numbers for this ports. I select the first one (port 33) and set it to 150. Now when i call to port 150 the ElectraMail answers me and start to make a survey.

I have not assigned extensions to ports 34, 35 and 36, need it to be assigned also?

I have been sniffing into the VMS files, and i'm doing a backup of the hd. The VMS prompts are in english but I notticed there are spanish spoken files inside but can't figure out how to change the VMS prompt language.

I have the 4-14, 4-15 and 1-8-08 you say as ToDo things. By now I need to change the language to spanish, record our greeting, and setup the voicemail boxes.

Thanks All for all the support, this thing is working now.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,430 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,442 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024