web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Ive got a CC macine that will not dial on a 48V POTS line, tried the same machine on another POTS line with 28V, it worked fine.
CC tech support guys say it will only work with a 24V POTS line..... anyone ever heard such a thing, do you think he was talking about the device transformer needing 24V or the line voltage.Its a brand new CC machine,been in the biz many years never heard such a thing, higher voltage booster needed yes, but lower voltage reducer ....
FYI, I plugged a fax machine and my Buttset and both work fine, but not the CC machine.
help please.

George The phone Guy
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Help how? Want me to help you put the CC machine in a box and send it back? I have never found a CC tech that knew anything about POTS lines or the telephone line side of things so I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

Where did you find a POTS line with 28v by the way, after a PBX or KSU?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Its a brand new CC machine

Did the old CC machine work? If the buttset and the fax machine works then thee CC should work, if not it is faulty, period. Feed it dialtone and your done.

This may sound strange, but I had a CC machine with a perfectly good dial tone, but the machine would not work until I changed out the line cord (I have no idea why). You may want to try this if you have not already done so.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
You could also take a look at loop current on the line

Also be sure the cord is plugged into the line jack on the CC terminal and not the Phone jack

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
Thanks guys, I tried all the above, for some reason the 28V I got was from another POTS line that I guess was just degraded for some reason.I think we got a CC machine DUD.I was at a client the other day and at there MPOE I did see a little filter that reduced the line voltage from 48V to 24V ,I found it onlt because the Mircom dialer I was connecting it to, obviously would not work with such a low voltage. It is not a DSL filter or a relay , could it be a fuse.Ayone know what it is? Thought I would borrow it and see if it works on this CC machine.
Red Green in at 48V Black Yellow out at 24V, size about 1 1/2" by 3" white in color,I might be showing my ignorance here.

George The phone Guy
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
What kind of an idiot would design a CC machine to run on 24v AND need an external voltage reducer? :rofl:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Just my 2 Cents But, The Amount of Money The Customer is Paying to Try To "Make" His CC Machine Work He Could Have Bought Two New Machine's. Those Machine's are a Dime A Dozen.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
Please, oh PLEASE, give us the phone number and name of the CC "tech" who told you about 24 V POTS lines. I wish to call him and have "an open and frank exchange of views" with him.

By definition, a POTS line is 48 volts. What instruments were you using, and what method of testing, pray tell, led you to deduce that you had a 28 volt POTS line?

And could you tell us how you came up with the name "George the phone guy?" I may want to get into abdominal surgery as a sideline, and I think "Arthur the doctor" sounds cool.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Thanks to all of you guys for the positive response,it is appreciated. Im sorry Arthur Bloom that I was not born a genius like you sir, Oh, I forgot maybe thats why there are tech help sites like this to help.......us village idiots.

George The phone Guy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,601 Shoretel
189,482 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024