Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#222149 11/11/04 03:57 AM
OP Offline
I am considering making a Telco purchase and i have looked at the ESI IVX E-Class and the NEC Aspire Series. We have an office of about 20 folks going to 45 within a year. Can anyone give me pros and cons between the two?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#222150 11/11/04 04:17 AM
The ESI is dumb-simple to program and maintain. Plus, the extended warranty coverage is phenomenal. I do not know a lot about the Aspire I am afraid.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

#222151 11/11/04 10:32 AM
What do you want to do? we deal both but dropped ESI due to too many bugs.

Voicemail is the big concern.

If you go with the Aspire S the VM is a little weak but so is ESI's. If you go with an Apire M
then you can make it do just about anything. With the ESI, if you don't like the inskin VM tough your stuck with it, With the Aspires you can add a 3rd party VM. As far as simplicity ESI wins hands down, as far as flexability, Aspire wins hands down. As far as maintaining the hardware, Aspire S has a backboard with built in ports so if one goes bad you're a little stuck, ESI is the same way but your VM is also built in. (Note each system is expandable with additional cards ESI offers combo cards as well, 8 station 2 analog 2 trunk but the aspire is 8 station or 4 co or 4 analog (each has pros and cons)) The Aspire M is seperate cards from the processor card so that is a plus (but also additional cost) So far I have found the Aspire much more dependable (not 1 bad phone yet and we have 10x the amount Aspiree phones as ESI but maybe ESI quality has come up in the past year.)

The aspire is reletively new and all basic bugs seemed to be worked out, (minor bugs with multisite networking) but ESI was still addressing many basic issues as of last year and they have been artound for awhile. NEC is a huge company. ESI may not be around in 10 years (or they might be a huge company too).

As you can see there are many different things to consider.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
#222152 11/11/04 10:33 AM
Try doing a search for ESI on this site.

By the way NeedtoKnow-

Go NTH Saxons [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by BillFlippen (edited November 11, 2004).]

TouchPoint Networks.

#222153 11/11/04 03:09 PM
We sell both as well. I guese the I would ask what is the application? Large call volume small call volume? Aspire S is a definate NO NO for you if you plan to goto 40 phones as well as the E class ESI. You plan on PRI/T1 or copper? ACD? Large auto attendant usage?

I would differ from Bill in the fact I see ESI being around a long time. They actually make componants and voicemails for other large phone companies as well as have their own patented chipset.

#222154 11/12/04 04:11 AM
Hey CoralTech,

I wasn't trying to imply ESI was on the verge of dropping off, but I was merely comparing the size and solvency of NEC as opposed to ESI. Other than something VERY VERY Huge happening, NEC is going to be aroun. By comparison, ESI is a lot smaller and would be prone to absorption by a larger company or may actually be squeezed out of the marketplace (doubtful but it can happen).
I do think however. that you and I agree that an ESI or Apire S is not the best application for 40 phones, an Aspire M or an Tadiran SL would be more up his ally depending on the applications wanted.

TouchPoint Networks.

#222155 11/12/04 09:51 AM
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by needtoknow:
I am considering making a Telco purchase and i have looked at the ESI IVX E-Class and the NEC Aspire Series. We have an office of about 20 folks going to 45 within a year. Can anyone give me pros and cons between the two?</font>
We only have a single location..so multi site application is not an issue. We have about 23 phones and plan on scaling to about 45-50 in 2005. Our applications will be ACD, voice mail and auto attendant. The only complexity w have will be on acd agent groups with solid reporting and forecasting ability. I like the NEC for its ability to have random recording without having to monitor at the same time. I am just not sure which is the best one to select for scaleability and ACD/Voicemail application.

#222156 11/12/04 10:30 AM
Like everything compared to the ESI and Aspire, ACD is very simple, almost too simple, The Aspire is very powerful and there is also a nice ACD monitor programm to go along with it.

I think an Aspire is your best bet for this application for the Money. There are some better solutions but at a premium.

TouchPoint Networks.

#222157 11/12/04 10:46 AM
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I have not found esi to be buggy at all - i have been quite pleased with the system. As far as the Aspire goes - is it a Nitsuko system that is now marketed as NEC or does it have an NEC heritage??

#222158 11/13/04 10:45 AM
I have been selling and installing ESI systems for the last year and am extremely
pleased with the system, I have nothing bad to say about it only good!!
The X-Class grows to 168 Stations, has built in ACD , VOIP option, Auto Attendant, Built in Voice Mail, VIP Unified Messaging Option.
Just to name a few.
Very reliable, I have an E-Class in my office
and would not trade it for anything.
Also I think the best customer service and Tech support I have seen in the last 21 years
Of my phone experience.

------------------
Komon Communications Inc. Business Communication Systems and Service

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,398 Shoretel
189,137 CTX100 install
187,422 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024