web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
hey guys, can you please recommend a conference phone that would work with the Vodavi STS system? Something that has speakers like the polycom? any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Your only choice is an analog phone. Polycom is your best bet.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
can you recommend a polycom that would work with my current system?

I have a line and extension for that phone. I would have to program that line/extension?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Take a look at Hellodirect.com. Any of the analog Polycoms will work. If you have a jack wired for analog dialton off the STS, it is just plug and play.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
thanks for the help derrick.

can you explain about the analog dialton? How would I know?

With all the station/line, we have the standard infinite 24 port phones.

Would I go into programming and flash 50 and do something in there?

This conference phone would be tied into the reception at the front desk or can be accessed from any internal phone. It has an extention of 140.

If I get one of the polycom, would setting up a conference call be the same method as on the infinite?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You have to connect any analog device to an analog port on the system..it cannot directly take the place of a digital set. The STS has two analog ports on the right side of the control unit. They look like standard phone jacks. An analog card can also be added to the system if you need more than two analog devices. The system defaults those extension numbers to 148 and 149. It is an admin function to change them to any other number. Setting up a conference on an analog device is different than a digital set...directions are in the STS user guide for both. I tell people the easiest way is to use a digital set to form the conf and add the analog as one of the members.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
do you know if vodavi makes a digital conference phone with speakers?

I'm looking at the vodavi control unit and I do not see any standard phone jacks.

As for your recommendation, use a digital set (an infinite set) and wire the headset to the analog conference phone (polycom) so that it output to the polycom just like if it was a headset?

Thanks again for your help in this matter.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If you do not have two analog phone jacks on the right side of the control unit (They are located between the larger champ connectors), then you do not have an STS, it is another system. There is no digital conf phone as such for any Vodavi system. Some system did have a full duplex speaker phone which might work as a conf phone....but not knowing which system you actually have, I can't tell you what phone will work.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
[Linked Image from img100.imageshack.us]

[Linked Image from img690.imageshack.us]

its a XTS-IP system. Attach is the picture of it. And I re-look at what I type and I did say it was a STS phone. Thank you for your help.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Your XTS-IP system has no analog ports and you have no slots to add a card...so you have two choices.

1. Find a full duplex digital phone that will work on the system. You will have to buy it on the refurbed market...like here at usedphones.com.

2. You can use a digital to analog adapter...it has two digital ports and two analog ports. You will have to get one used as well.

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Bob3470, Dave Simmons), 140 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024