Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You may also want to check that there are no call foward via central office issues. I have had problems with just one line... even though that line wasn't fowarded. Get the customer to dial the Call Foward cancle code (73# here)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Thanks for the suggestions. Derrick, the VM alarm is cleared. The VM is going directly to the VM that is set up on the Vodavi system and not the telephone company.
I have had two independent tech's out and they have checked the ringing assignment, which they says is correct. I am not a tech I am the owner of the business so I don't know how to check the present forward timer. Any advice? I would assume this is the issue since it only rings for one half of a ring tone and then goes right to VM. No call forwarding problems either.

I hit the D-N-D button on the on the attendant station once to put it into night mode and the same thing happens. I hit the D-N-D buttom again and it started flashing (looks like this means it's in special mode) and the line now rings fine and doesn't go into VM until after the 4th ring. If I hit the D-N-D a third time and to deactivate it the problems starts occuing again. Any ideas on why this is occuring?

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Then the quick fix is to just leave it in "special"
All kidding aside, each line must be programmed for a Day / Night / Special ring assignment. Each line also has a Pre-Set Forward timer for Day, Night & Special. the timer could be set too short for Day & Night -OR- the voice mail (stations or group) are assigned to ring during Day/Night but not during "Special".

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Would you know how to check the ring timer? The only manual I have is the basic "Station User Guide" which does not talk about the ring timer.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
It requires an admin password which we cannot give out here. You need some paid for phone support or have a tech come out and check the line preset timers. That is the only other thing it could be if the ringing assignment is correct as verified by the techs who looked at it.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,430 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,441 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 130 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024