Oh yeah, 2733's. Without the code books, those things were HARD to decipher. Even for the service reps, that had code books!

For those of you that get a kick out of one being put over on the LEC, here's one.

Mid '90's, small Motel with Mitel SX20 with 4 G/S trunk ports. Trunks are 4 G/S non-PBX trunks in hunt. This meant that they supposedly had 4 S/L phones, one on each trunk! Service rep says they had been getting away with this for 10+ years and unless I 'formally reported it' to her, she would have to 'formally report it' to me and her supervisor! If I 'reported' it, the $20/month/trunk difference for 10+ years would probably be waived, but if she 'reported' it, the $20/month/trunk probably would be backbilled. Put her on hold, called the principal and explained the problem and $###'s. He said "Report it". (Fancy that) I did, things were cool, no back billing but the trunk charge went up to $39/month. Hmmm, $20 X 12 months x 4 trunks X 10 years= $9600.00! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.