Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#217316 02/05/10 12:33 PM
jockbir Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for you answers.
I agree, we are not where we were.
But right now where we were is looking better than where we are.
My people and boss are frustrated that what was so easy is now either a pain or added steps to accomplish or not doable.
We have tried the 9 pause with the fax on pri and did not work. Our vodavi tech could not get them working through PRI so had to go with centrex for pri.
Do not know if we have moneys to purchase the SLT card with CID but will look into it.
Right now will purchase two more 8-button digital phones because two people need caller id and voice mail notification and right now SLTs not have either.
We set up phones not using ring appearance since all phones lit up and rang with this. Instead went and used call coverage which has worked some but the ringing of one phone then another and another is driving people crazy. On department has gone back to using 24-button digital phone as if it were a SLT with call pickup using 0#. Too much noise.
We are a Municipality and our people answer all calls whether it is their did or not.
That way people are getting good customer service.
Thanks again!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#217317 02/05/10 02:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I have never had a problem faxing through pris. It seems to me your tech may be in over his head.

But let me ask a simple question. How is the PRI connected to the XTS? Did you install a PRI card in the system cabinet? Something doesn't make sense to me here. I get the feeling that most of your lines were centrex lines with cordless phones attached directly to them and that the XTS has its own lines seperate from the cordless phones.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
#217318 02/06/10 07:19 AM
jockbir Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a PRI card in the XTS.
We ported over from Verizon all of our lines at the Town Hall to the PRI. All calls but 5 centex lines used to contact centrex offices remotely come through the XTS on the PRI. When we could not get faxes to work through the PRI, we then moved some of the "existing" ported fax lines back to centrex and they are now working aok as faxes but not able to dial using a modem but working on that. We use to have cordless phones that had their own phone lines when we were just digital/centex. At that time we did not have the cordless phones through the XTS due to nothing gained. We had voice mail through our phone provider for everybody and needed digital for offices that had many lines and needed their people to pick up a line if others were busy.
With the addition of the PRI we brought everything through the XTS (except fax)
The cordless work now except for caller id (which somebody said I would need a SLT card with CID) and no voice mail notification but

#217319 02/06/10 10:10 AM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Your main benefit with PRI is DID. If everyone is groaning over learning the PBX type function, check into changing your PRI to a fractional to reduce your cost and just keep DID for those users who need it. Then reinstall a portion of your old lines for general calls. That way, you can have both services and everyone should be happy. Use the Centrex lines for incoming only and busy forward to a DID number for overflow calls only. If you get lots of overflow calls, then add more centrex. Use the PRI for all outgoing calls and send either each station's DID number or your main number on a phone by phone basis.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,186 CTX100 install
187,437 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024