Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#21514 02/16/09 05:25 PM
KLD Offline
This is the one that I went to. The same size (600)from Minuteman had a lot of 30 day or less charger failures. That has been since Pana bought them and put the Minuteman name on their Chinese products. APC just doesn't cut it on their small ones. I even tried Leviton but they are as bad as Minuteman. I've had good luck on the CH so far.

Ken
---------
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#21515 02/16/09 05:30 PM
Thanks Ken. :toast:

Retired phone dude
#21516 02/16/09 05:48 PM
Originally posted by MacOSX:
Some more details will help identify the product you'll need.

What make of system will this be used on?

How much "up-time" after power loss are you looking for?

Are you only looking for KSU/PBX up time, or are you needing other items too (switch/router, MOH, etc.)?
I think Tony has some valid questions. Some UPS units put out a square wave and that can cause problems with some KSU's.

Other KSU's can use the battery units that plug directly into the KSU power supply providing a long reserve time.

Express Communications

#21517 02/16/09 06:07 PM
KLD Offline
Excellent point, Larry. On that motel job with the TransTel the Minuteman Pro 1100 ran for more than two days during the ice storm last year. This is the one I use for the bank jobs where there is more than just a KSU.....

Ken
---------
#21518 02/17/09 01:11 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by CMDL_GUY:
Originally posted by MacOSX:
[b] Some more details will help identify the product you'll need.

What make of system will this be used on?

How much "up-time" after power loss are you looking for?

Are you only looking for KSU/PBX up time, or are you needing other items too (switch/router, MOH, etc.)?
I think Tony has some valid questions. Some UPS units put out a square wave and that can cause problems with some KSU's.

Other KSU's can use the battery units that plug directly into the KSU power supply providing a long reserve time.

Express Communications [/b]
That is what I was getting at. We usually use a combination, depending on those criteria. We only install and service Toshiba systems, so we use Telcom1.net BBU's for our systems and if they want more up-time, we'll install multiple units with. Then if they have small hub, switch, router, etc. we'll install some >$100 wall mountable unit from APC. If they have more sensitive equipment that must have a longer up-time, then we'll install a specialty unit.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
#21519 02/17/09 01:22 AM
We use true sign wave for all our installs. We either put up a shelf or there is one provided. We have been using the Leviton and Tetrex. Don't know the part #'s but they are a 750 for the smaller and for the bigger jobs we use an 1150. With the True Sign Wave we have voltage regulation, surge and battery back up. We need that here in Central Florida. They are great for the brown outs, which we have a lot of.

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
#21520 02/17/09 03:36 AM
94astro Offline OP
OP Offline
Kevin, we haven't had rolling blackouts for years. Just your normal every now and then power outages.

Only the phone system will be plugged into the battery backup. This will go on Panasonic tda50, NEC DSX and ESI. Would like about 30 minutes of uptime

Aaron
#21521 02/17/09 06:46 AM
Maybe it's just because I'm powering servers but we never voluntarily install anything smaller then 1500va. Usually when the customer wants smaller we let them know it's against advisement and then do whatever they want.

I've been a fan of the MinuteMan Endeavor and EnterprisePlus rackmounts and the Pro-E stand alones. Like Ken said I've been noticing some change-up's in the product offering but haven't seem much change in the stuff I'm using. The EnterprisePlus got a little bit of a case remodel but the guts seem the same.

I used to be a fan of TrippLite but they kind of fell to the wayside for some reason. Became hard to buy their stuff and they started getting expensive. They still make decent stuff and have some unique or specialty-purpose UPS'.

Ken: Those Eaton UPS units are actualy MGE units in a different case. Eaton bought the small UPS division of MGE a while back. Definitely good stuff. I also liked Adler but they're so damn hard to find!

#21522 02/17/09 07:14 AM
sph Offline
For small installations when wall mounting is required I've used this:
APC BH500NET

Note that this is a stand-by, not an on-line (true sine-wave) UPS, ie battery power switches on in the absence of AC. You gain in sturdiness what you lose in responsiveness.
It has worked as advertised when there was need to.

#21523 02/17/09 01:47 PM
As a side note, you may want to tape over the unused outlets on the UPS to prevent "others" from plugging in equipment that may draw too much power from the UPS on battery and trip the overload or steal battery life from your phone equipment. I've seen this frequently in the IT field. Of course if the UPS has a non-battery backup side of outlets, those would be fine for regular uses.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,818
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,443 Shoretel
189,213 CTX100 install
187,455 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (mongo5150, teleco, Toner), 92 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024