Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Outside of looking for pre-existing corrosion, I can't think of a good way to tell if a structure contains good or bad sheetrock unless the wiring is done during construction.

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I bought a spec home in November 2008 from the same builder that I do wiring work for. They let me go in and wire the low voltage in the home I was buying. I am just getting around to pulling wires out of the walls and making cat5, voice, and coax fitting and putting plates on and noticed several wires with a significant amount of blue corrosion on the tips. A few of the wires that I cut holes and pulled out in January have much more corrosion than the rest, but all have a significant amount. I am concerned about the possibility of my sheet rock being Chinese and if in just a few months it emitted enough oder to corrode my wires that bad, what is it doing to our health. Does anyone have some information on more specific symptoms of the sulfer that I can used to compare, and also does anyone have any info on the effects of the problem.

The posting about sea shipping being charged by container-mile, not pound explains it all. I've even seen rock salt made in China imported here!

"That can't be right."
hbiss Offline OP
OP Offline
I am concerned about the possibility of my sheet rock being Chinese and if in just a few months it emitted enough oder to corrode my wires that bad, what is it doing to our health. Does anyone have some information on more specific symptoms of the sulfer that I can used to compare, and also does anyone have any info on the effects of the problem.

If you Google "Chinese sheetrock" you will find a wealth of information like this.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I saw this today on CNN.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
This new link about Chinese Drywall is from the same HVAC site that Hal posted about earlier.

The website nested in that link has pictures of damage to both coils and electrical wire.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The feds are on it. Link

am i ever glad the montreal area is home to 2 sheetrock plants. Westroc is right near here, its cheaper to buy local around here at least. i can get it for 6$ a sheet at the factory!

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Jay: thanks for the info, Westrock also has a plant here in Winnipeg.

The next time I need more than a few sheets I'll have to see if they sell direct.

You guys need to read this. Chinese companies are now winning domestic, usually government, contracts. And they do not pay local wages and they do not hire locals but they do get paid with American worker's tax money.

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2009-11/24/content_9028469.htm

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,512 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024