web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
PS> Here is an email reply with my setup might help anyone looking to integrate STS and asterisk. I like STS but need to have a few remote phones at home offices etc.. Asterisk is a cheap way to do this using one of our existing linux servers and a $14 X100p card from ebay connected to a SLT port on the STS:

I thought about using CO but then you would not be able to dial say "100" from VoIP and send the call to STS extension 100. Right now I have something like this on my asterisk:

Extensions.conf------
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no

[globals]
TRUNK=Zap/g1 ; Trunk interface

[sip]
ignorepat => 9
exten => _1XX,1,Dial(Zap/1/w${EXTEN})

exten => 200,1,Dial(SIP/voip0,20)
exten => 201,1,Dial(SIP/voip1,20)
exten => 202,1,Dial(SIP/voip2,20)
exten => 203,1,Dial(SIP/voip3,20)
exten => 210,1,Dial(SIP/officetrail0,20)
exten => 211,1,Dial(SIP/officetrail1,20)
exten => 212,1,Dial(SIP/officetrail2,20)

exten => 8,1,Dial(Zap/1/)
exten => 8,2,Congestion

exten => 9,1,Dial(Zap/1/w802)
exten => 9,2,Congestion
----------

So currently this works and if a VoIP user wants to dial a user on STS they just dial the extension, say 100 or 102 ..etc from the voip phone. Then it sends the call out the trunk (X100p) which is connected to the SLT port on the STS.

So hitting 9 on voip will get them an outside PSTN line to dial an outside line. Hitting 8 will get the internal bbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeee noise when u pick up a Vodavi STS phone which then will let you dial say voicemail etc... If a VoIP user wants to dial another Voip they just dial the 211 or 201 etc...

So my only remaining complaints with this setup are:

A) No CLID into/out of VoiP due to SLT port not supporting
B) STS phone users cannot dial VoIP users from the STS phones.

To fix B, I am thinking about setting up another line as a CO Line going to my asterisk then whenever a starplus user wants to dial a VoIP user they just have to pick up that CO Line. My other option, is to just create a incoming call menu system on the VoIP / SLT port on the asterisk. Then STS user will just have to dial the SLT port extension then will be prompted to dial the VoIP extension they want (200,201, etc) ....'

I started playing with the later and have something like this thus far for a test:
exten => 40,1,Answer
exten => 40,2,Background(this-call-may-be)
exten => 40,3,Background(recorded)
exten => 40,4,Background(for-quality-purposes)
exten => 40,5,Goto(submenu,s,1)
exten => 1,1,Goto(default,voip1,1)

This is just a test so I dial 40 from VoIP then if I hit 1 it will send me to voip1 user. Still needs some work as it's not working right.

Let me know if you can add anything to any of this and hope it helps.

-Phil

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hello xpman,
thank you for sharing your experience. I'm very new to traditional telephony and researching on the subject Vodavi-Asterisk integration. If you did not read it yet, I would recommend you to check https://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+legacy+integration.
There are few integration projects described which may give you some new ideas.
In my case I would like to integrate using dual T1 card in Asterisk box, which will be connected by crossover T1 cable to Vodavi and other port to Phone company T1. I believe it will allow CLID between systems and flexible use of traditional T1 and VOIP by both legacy and VOIP phones. I'm totally unaware how to program Vodavi and if somebody could point me into the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Vadim

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,593 Shoretel
189,477 CTX100 install
187,627 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024