web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Last time I ran into the problem you are describing was with POTS lines where the feed ran too close to an Edison Vault. As long as you were talking and the echo can had a high noise to filter out it was fine, as soon as you stopped and the noise floor leveled out it would slowly start to his sounding like an airplane.

You are having problems i've almost never seen with a T1. Closest I have seen to what you are describing are bad DSPs/Cards at the CO.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

nicklaz Offline OP
OP Offline
we had an old avaya partner system but it was not connected to the same pri.

i came in this morning hoping that all the sound quality issues would be resolved but unfortunately they were not. i'm starting to think that a different phone system would not make a difference either and i'm not really keen on getting a phone system where the polycoms will have limited functionality.

kumba, i'm not really familiar with telecom infrastructure but would a bad dsp/card at the CO still be the case even after they ran a new pair?

i also forgot to mention that the person on the other end of the call always say that we sound very clear and they do not hear the same thing that we are experiencing.

nicklaz Offline OP
OP Offline
is there any way that something could be causing some interference on the pri? maybe the old phone system or channel bank? they are located directly next to the smartjack and the channel bank makes a clicking noise. the channel bank is still there because we have not moved our fax lines over to pots lines yet but we will do this soon.

Distortion on only one audio path? Still sounds like some kind of a DSP/audio processing error. A better test would be to plug the system into a completely different T1 circuit (a known different T1 circuit). This is the only way to tell.

I mean, I guess we could cover the basics. Is the smartjack properly grounded? Is the server on clean power through a UPS or other line conditioner? Is the server properly grounded?

Since we are going with the process of elimination here you have already eliminated internal communications (phone to server to phone) and eliminated the server hardware (changed servers). The next step to me would be to see if it's the server to PSTN connection itself.

If you plug the system into a different PRI, do you have the same effect? If you do, it's the server, you can stop. If you dont have the same effect, you can then assume it's the PSTN side of things.

Then from there it's back to haggling with the carrier.

nicklaz Offline OP
OP Offline
everything is grounded properly and the server is plugged into a ups.

i have another pri, the one that goes thru the channel bank but our fax and fire alarm are on it now and i cannot disconnect them without setting off an alarm.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,820
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,446 Shoretel
189,217 CTX100 install
187,455 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
4 members (justbill, www.telcom1.net, Andyreed, Deltron), 132 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024