Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Well....Jay....I'll think on this for awhile---but I'm getting this feeling, and scratching my head......
I've got some questions for you.
1. Are you working with a local telephone person who is familiar with Vodavi and AVP voice mails?
2. Will you get a one year warranty on the Vodavi AND the AVP?
3. Are the SLI's included in that $ 950 price?

The reason I'm scratching my head is that I refurbish those 1400 series phones for about $69 each plus shipping. For 12 phones that would be about $ 875. I take the phones completely apart and re-do all the rubber button contacts, because after 6 or 10 years of use, the buttons don't work so good anymore. Believe me, I don't make a whole lot on that price--what with the time involved. My point is....for $75 you're going to get a 14/28 KSU, SLI's, and a Voice Mail. That's where I start scratching my head. More power to you if that's the deal---but I have yet to sell a used voice mail. I don't trust them...however if you get a 1 year warranty, maybe it's OK. I personally would not warranty a 5 or 6 year old hard drive. All this is just food for thought.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
JWRacedog:

Our local phone tech is experienced with phone systems in general, but I'll have to find out about the 14/28 and AVP. I need to have warranty protection spelled out, but they (he - Dougles Cohen) said they'd warranty any equipment problems for some time. Their larger clients are regularly upgrading to new systems to ensure that voicemail doesn't go down. He addressed the HD issue himself and said it's smart to go ahead and switch out the drive every five years or so. SLIs are the phones? Yes, they're included, $35 each in good working condition, not refurbished and with a few normal abrasions from normal use. Systems mostly come from a large chain of furniture stores in California that switch out for new systems every 3-5 years, hence he has many used systems that are that age. I must say the guy's been very up front that the phones are not refurbished but in good working order and that the voicemail HD is not new and should be replaced at about 5 years of service. Says it's an off-the-shelf drive and they'll help via phone with new drive if needed. He guarantees good working hardware and replacement of any problematic hardware (though we didn't discuss a warranty period). I've talked to several of his Techs and they all seem to know this stuff backwards and forwards. I'm a skeptic by nature and get good "vibes" from everyone at this company. They've been in business since 1983, and he says they're the largest supplier, installer and servicer of Vodavi systems in the West, although I'm taking his word for that. They certainly seem large, busy and very knowledgeable.

They'll supply manuals for the system and voicemail. I don't know phone systems but have an EE degree from Ga Tech will read and learn what I have to for non-hardware maintenance. Still have to get a reaction from our phone tech, who is good but doesn't have the expertise you guys have here.

They'll give us at least one hour of free phone support for setup, and my experience so far tells me he'll also help more via email when asked. So far, they seem service and not sale oriented. Like I said, "good vibes" from everyone there so far.

Thanks for the heads up on the phones. I'll ask him about this. If we do this deal, we'll see, and I'll let you know the results. Who knows, I may have more questions for you on refurbishing the phones myself or buying some from you. $70 is certainly a good price.

If you're interested, these folks said they have 77 14-series phones, unrefurbished but working fine, sitting around in their warehouse for $35 each.

Any ideas on the best way to dump our old system and recoup some portion on any new investment? Donation? Ebay?

Thanks again for you help and advice. So glad I found this forum.

Jay

Jay

Looks like you have done your homework. The SLI's refer to the Single Line Adapters or Interfaces that are necessary for the phone system & voice mail to interface. I think the 1428 does it with SLI's (or SLA's) and the 2856 uses single line cards.

Selling your old system to another local business is the easiest way to recoup investment---ebay is always an option---donation depends on what your bookeeper says.

Good luck.

Jay, with your background you can probably fix the inoperable line 2 of the old flex with little trouble. A line port getting knocked out is the most common problem we have here in FL with all the lightening. If you'll take the cover off the KSU you'll see a series of 3 ohm resistors right where each line comes in. Whenever a line goes out on us, 9 times out of ten it's one of those resistors adjacent to that particular port. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,434 Shoretel
189,204 CTX100 install
187,447 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 110 guests, and 434 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024