web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally posted by Chris Rich:

After speaking with the owner he's pretty concerned about it and doesn't feel it's an alarm feature as we only have a one-way dispatch system where it calls out during a panic?
All alarms call out during an alarm, and almost all alarms will answer if you call into them as I said, as a way for aa technician to get remote access to them.

I have not heard of an LVMU battery going bad. Is the jumper in the ON position? If the system panics, it could default itself.

There could be something wrong with the setup. Did you do anything with groups in the voicemail?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Voicemail ID is in Station assignments basic tab fb19 and fb22 for message centre on Emanager. Make sure that the mailbox for the extn exists on the LVMU.
As Newtecky says most modern alarm systems have a trigger system to answer (which IMO is a pain in the ass) which works by ringing in and hanging up and then ringing back in immediately to trigger the modem.

OP Offline
But why would the modem be answering so aggressively all the sudden?

You mean this jumper?
[Linked Image from imgur.com]

I had it in the 'off' position.. I pulled the card and swapped it back to 'on'?

fb19 and fb22 were same as they have always been, fb19 is the extension #, and fb22 is 450 on all the phones, it's the link to the VM that I've yet to wrap my brain around. (I don't do 'phones' for a living, just a really in-depth tech nerd.)

I'm really starting to think this has to be a setting on the LVMU that was lost since it's all happening at the same time.. Modem answering and the message button stopped working?

OP Offline
Another oddity is the smdi_base_port in the LVMU system config.

It defaulted back to "201" but we've got VMs arranged by extension #s and the only VM we really need is 102 .. Changing the base port to "102" gives out the "Please say yes to speak with the operator" message to all new callers.. frown

I'm almost tempted to do the Plug N Play and try to figure out the base config again.. Might be the best shot?

Having the battery strap set to off would be a reason for the system defaulting.

If I remember your setup on the voicemail was a bit different in how it answered. When you change the defaults of 990 and 991, then some unforseen things could happen. If chain done is set to 0 in 990, then you could get that message.

Getting into the system configuration of the voicemail will extend past what is allowed on this forum. There is definately some configuration problems. Setting smdi_base_port to 102 is not the correct answer.

If it is the alarm answering with the modem tones, which I still think it is, one reason you may be getting more complaints is that the voice is not working right, so people hangup and call back. If the alarm hears a ring, then hangup, then another ring within a minute, it will answer. Usually having the alarm company move to another line, or fax, or even turning of that option, could help. The LVMU does have a built-in modem, but so far I have not heard f it answering by accident. Almost every time, it has been the alarm system.

OP Offline
Battery jumper, plus a bad UPS, plus a long power failure. Yeah I think it was reset. After running through all the messages (forgot about emails) from last reset I have the VM button for ex102 working just fine now. wink

Just for a lark.. In the LVMU, would setting:
- DND off
- Caller menu off
..for the SoftModem and FaxToneDetect (993/994) cause any problems? I also did an @G(102) for the extensions on both..

I gotta run but I'll try hammering it later on with calls to see if there's any change in modem answers. wink

Glad you got that part sorted out. If people somehow got directed to mailbox 993 then it would answer with a modem tone. The settings within mailbox 993 should not matter, and probabaly should not be changed if you ever want a tech to be able to dial into your voicemail to help you out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,425 Shoretel
189,196 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 159 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024