web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I wasn't able to get into the system today. Hopefully tomorrow. When I do get it I will post back just so you all know. Thank you very much for the help so far.

In the meantime, my doctor got a follow up email from the hired phone tech today:

I've done some digging on the issue with your voicemail and found out the following: Apparently, this type of an issue happens when the voicemail is not properly deleted/erased when being programmed for a new setup. It would appear that when the original installer deleted the old info he corrupted the voicemail BIOS itself. Unfortunately, this isn't an issue that can be repaired or reprogrammed, it can only be replaced.
The system was bought used, so the tech is referencing the fact that the guy (who is now unreachable) who installed this system deleted the previous setup in order to set it up in its current state and in the process corrupted things. Does this make sense, or is this guy just trying to scare us into spending an extra $700?

In my line of work, if you screw up settings on equipment you can just fall back to factory defaults with some sort of reset procedure. Is there no such thing on this phone system?

I understand that the details of this problem can go beyond the scope of this forum. If anyone would like to help me in more detail off-board, please PM me.

Thanks.

Klint
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If there is a delay in other mailboxses, and you can see that no delay in the chain done setup, then I could see there being other issues, such as a hardware or software problem. You could possible delete then recreate the mailbox in question. This would require recording the greeting again.

The problem I have with the above statement is saying that the BIOS got corrupted due to reprogramming the voicemail. The database or software could get corrupted, but the BIOS is not part of the software. It woud be more closely related to hardware.

There isn't really a factory default button. The voicemail system has software installed just like a PC. The original settings can usually be restored, and in some cases some software issues can be corrected with an update.

Before getting a new VM system, I would have a Toshiba tech call the tech support just to make sure there isn't something that can be done. Some issues can be fixed. Others can't. Hard to say without an experienced tech looking at it.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Klint

That quote sounds very suss as far as I am concerned. If he knew what he was doing he would have fixed it up the first visit.

Some of us here have worked on Toshibas for decades so contact one of the moderator like Voyager and get someone to help you on your side of the world.

I will continue to help you as much as I can or I am allowed.

Regards
Carl
Usually delays between mailbox greetings on a CIX40 with the GVPH voicemail are fixed by placing a dummy mailbox in front of the answering mailbox and setting this up with DND enabled and also set "no messages"
Set the Chain done/ RNA destination as the answering mailbox and then point the calls at the new mailbox. This speeds up the answer time by approx 2 seconds.

OP Offline
Well... I couldn't seem to get in with my PPTC adapter (I tried a straight through and crossed 6-wire cable and the pinout from Junkman on this board), but with the help of an email from another forum member I was able to dial into user 993. Now if I only had a landline at home... :-)

For anyone still interested and would like to respond, here are the requested parameters as I found them in the system:

MB500
Extension: 500H
Chain done: 999
Chain delay: 30

MB990
Extension: (Blank)
Chain done: 500
Chain delay: 30

MB991
Extension: @G(990)
Chain done: 0
Chain delay: 50

I seemed to have gotten rid of the delay between the greeting and the "Please record" message by setting the chain done to 0. Also, I noticed in the port status window that the delay when using the auto attendant option mailboxes is a "dialing" state. Seems like you don't want it to dial the extension, but rather just play the greeting and go back to the auto attendant. I don't know why the phone tech couldn't set it to just play the greeting and not dial the extension.

I'll experiment further on my own and get with Voyager off-board to see if he can recommend anyone for further help.

Thanks again.

Klint
OP Offline
Correction to my last post. I set the chain delay to 0, not chain done.

Klint
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The reason for the chain delay is to allow people to dial the 1,2 etc after hearing the whole greeting. You can of course dial 1,2 at anytime if you know the option.
Setting the delay to 0 will get the mailbox to chain or move onto the next mailbox as soon as the greeting has finished.
If you put 999 in the chain done then it will go to the hangup mailbox and hangup on the caller.

Glad you are getting the hang of it now.

Regards
Carl
One thing; don't set chain done in mailbox 500 to go back to 990

Interesting how they pretty much made 991 unused and are using 500 as the default mailbox, ie when you enter an invalid mailbox the system will go back to or repeat 500. If DND is off it will ring the operators phone again.

Some people do different things to eliminate the 2 mailboxs for the main greeting. I prefer to use the Toshiba recommended solution of skipping 990 and using 991 as the default.

Interesting how they pretty much made 991 unused and are using 500 as the default mailbox, ie when you enter an invalid mailbox the system will go back to or repeat 500. If DND is off it will ring the operators phone again.

Some people do different things to eliminate the 2 mailboxs for the main greeting. I prefer to use the Toshiba recommended solution of skipping 990 and using 991 as the default.
They aren't the only ones. We purchased another Toshiba telco, and all of their programming was for 990 to go to 777. Real oddball!

It pays to take the time to read the manuals!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
How'd you get on with it this time Klint?

Regards
Carl
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,184 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024