web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
My first sentence addresses my previous schooling on the private/public side of things.

Feel free to send me PMs if we're getting off the yellow brick road. wink

The odd thing is that the insane MPx photo clearly looks like the 1-2 pins have been covered for years and the the 3-4 pins have been exposed? Perhaps this is the "reset" jumper and "on" is the temporary reset position?

The insane MPx shot linked vs. inline: 12 MPx image

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The link should cover pins 3-4.
Don't touch the battery!!!!

If the LVMU is defaulted it will answer with the default 990 and 991 mailboxes and this will check that it is working OK.
Then it will need some basic programming to get it up and running again as a voicemail, but AA will need more programming depending on what you need setup.
Echo what RRino said and better to get someone who knows what they are doing as it might need replacemen.

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Originally posted by newtecky:
It should ask for a security code, but you say that it plays a message then hangs up.

Actually I get nothing unless I dial into the system from outside. Internally the phone hangs up and then goes idle.

The other thing to check is chain done in mailbox 990. If it says 999, change it to 991. Some installers don't know how to make a single box AA correctly.

I have looked at the config screens in the VM Manager and I don't see anything like "chain done" or "999". I did not look at the Network eManager screens though?

An LVMU may be still,under warrentee if there are bigger issues, but I do remember that you said that your Toshiba dealer is not responsive. even if it is under warrentee, they may still want to change labor to try and fix it. Usually before they send it back they will attept to load the default settings, which will wipe everything.
Seems really odd for something I can communicate with via software to be 'dead'? I even successfully backed up the database and restarted the card from the VM Manager screens.. Would that backup help at all?

EDIT: Some of these files are just flat ASCII config files I could post via paste bin?

Also warranty is quite unlikely as the system was used when the dealer sold it to us? (Hence the odd POS label on the analog ports)

OP Offline
Originally posted by newtecky:
Oh and when I try to PM you on this Forum: Sorry, that member's private message mailbox is currently full. Please try sending your private message another time.

wink

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hey Chris

Can you check that if you remove the VMID from a station and you call the voicemail ports individually do they answer OK or do they hangup on answer?

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Interesting thing about that Carl. The 201-204 SLTs have blank 19 VMID and 22 VM MW Center Port fields.

When I said that the DKTs had all those filled in properly I was really very literal.

Should they be blank for the SLTs?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The VM extn ports 201-204 do not need FB19 and FB22 to be populated.

I was referring to a DKT extn for example extn200 if you remove the FB19 VMID and from that handset call 201 what happens does the call cut off? or do you get the AA message?

The reason I ask is if the VMID is programmed but the mailbox doesnt exist the call will terminate.

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Ahhh .. turns out newtecky's assumption about chains paid off, a small tweak in there got the default 990 working.

I've successfully recorded a message! Woo! Now to set it up correctly.. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,865
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,671 Shoretel
189,618 CTX100 install
187,862 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (SSPhone), 113 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024