Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Is it possible to transfer a trunk from one CIX system to another? I have one system with a PRI serving several other systems. I would like to have particular calls coming in to be transfered to another system and treated like a trunk on that other system so I can set all the same DID settings on that remote system like I can on the system with the PRI. I'm currently interconnected via MIPUs using StrataNet.

Is this a pipe dream or is there a way of doing this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes it can be transferred "Blind Transfer". Or do you mean Terminate to the Remote Node making the DID ring as if it were terminated on the Primary Node.
Not really sure what your asking....

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
If I was going to guess, I would think this is related to the Night feature from his other post.

It sounds to me like if a call comes into Site "A" as a DID, he wants to sent the call accross the Qsig to Site B and show up like a trunk instead of it terminating to an extension, so Site B can set the routing based on DID.

CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Node 1 has 3 PRI cards.
Node 2 has no PRI cards.

I'd like to have an incoming call going into the PRI on Node 1 to be transferred to Node 2 and treated as if it were a trunk call. Basically, I want to control the call coming into Node 2 using the DID screen.

Basically what newtecky said. smile

You use the Term "Transferred", this means the call is answered by someone or the Auto Attendant and than transferred to a destination (Node 1).

If the PRI is in Node 1, Node 1 controls the call "Prg 309 DID". Node 2 has no control over the call using Prg 309 or the NT Key.

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not sure how to describe it. I guess what I mean is can Node 1 hand the call over to Node 2 so Node 2 can handle the call?

In my other post online I describe an issue where I need to control the Destination Dialing Digits of a DID coming in on Node 1 using the Night Mode/Transfer settings on Node 2. This is the only viable solution I can come up with.

The DID can be controlled via Node 1 NT Key (Day1/Day2/NT) to a "Destination" (DN/PhDN/Pilot) on Node 2. Node 2 NT key will have no effect on this type of call. The Call will ring the Target Destination as if it were a CO call.

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, that's the problem, though. I know I can control it exactly how I want to from Node 1, but I don't have controls from Node 2 for the NT Key setting on Node 1.

This thread was to see if this possible "solution" I thought of was possible. newtecky mentions sending the call across QSig. I'm not familiar with how this might work. Maybe that would work with a CO line but not a DID? Forgive me I'm still a noob.

PM Sent

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
Put a remote IP phone at the node two location and program it with whatever keys you need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,385 Shoretel
189,098 CTX100 install
187,416 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024