Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
fixter Offline OP
OP Offline
3 of the 5 have cable, so I am thinking it isnt a DSL or cable thing.

I finally got them to agree to come out- so we will see.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Any time we've had trouble getting connected, we have the customer purchase the TRENDnet Wireless G router . The problem you're describing sounds like a programming issue though. Hopefully the installing dealer can duplicate and fix the issue.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
if it works crystal clear with ip phones internal than id say cards and programming are all ok...

I am not a big fan of those shared T1 circuits... that is probably where your problem resides,

I bet if you got a cable modem with static ip dedicated to the cix phones only you would be ok

you shouldnt be so quick to crucify your dealer when the problem has to do with the internet and the type of circuit coming in, and not the system

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net
fixter Offline OP
OP Offline
I would say 8 months isnt quick to crucify my dealer.

As far as the shared T1, other than "not being a fan" can you tell me why you think that is where the problem lies?

All bandwidth tests indicate we are never getting close to utilizing all of our capacity.

The main issue I've seen with those shared T1s is with the voice side. Many care the voice with VoIP, and often use compression. Usually sound quallity is ok, but faxing and modems connections are very unreliable at best.

We are having the sames issues as fixter. We have a T1 for our PRI and a separate T1 for data and external IP phones through a switch. We tried a priority router and gave 100% priority to the IP phones. That made no difference. Tomorrow, we are trying a separate cable modem for the ip phones. I hope that works. Otherwise, I guess we blame the internet. But, that would make our ip phones obsolete. Can that be? What a waste of money.

Thanks,
Rick
just turn DiffServ off. Especially if you are using Cable providers at the house. I have run into issues where I had crazy type of problems with that. No voice, phone connects rings, but no voice. Bad voice quality... an so on.

I am working on it with my toshiba dealer tomorrow. He has tried to fix the issues for 2 years. They blame it on the internet. Can I find DiffServ in Emanager?

At home I use Verizon FIOS which is like DSL, I guess, 10 down 2 up. At work, the dedicated cable modem will be 5 down 800K up.

Thanks,
Rick
I have seen cases where giving the IP phones there own internet fixes issues. Best tool to do some basic troubleshooting s a continuous ping from end point to the IP card. If you get replies over 100ms, then you have call quality issues.

How are you prioritizing traffic? You have the IP card behind the router with the rest of the network?

Difserv is one way to proritize, but as TadiranTechTexas said, it may not play nice with cable internet. I have often seen no or one way audio when turned on.

With T1 (at office) into switch out to static ip at phone and static ip at firewall (network), ping from home computer on verizon fios to phone ip address is 81ms average at 10p. Could it be different with internet traffic during work hours?

Now we are not prioritizing, but when we did try that, we used a router that gave up 100% priority to phone ip address. That made no difference.

Phone ip card is after switch that T1 goes into. Out of switch are 2 ethernet cables. One to firewall-network and one to phones. They each have their own static ip address.

What issues could I have if Diffserv is disabled?

Thanks,
Rick
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,123 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 161 guests, and 444 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024