Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#194923 09/24/08 08:40 AM
OP Offline
Hi Everyone,
My first post so go easy. I've searched this forum and I think I may be close to an answer but I want see what others say.
We have RightFax licensed already so I'd like to stick with it. What we want to add is the Exchange piece so users can send and receive faxes from Outlook. Also want to give each user a DID fax number for inbound routing to their Outlook mailboxes. Volume will require 8 ports.
So - here's where I'm stuck. RightFax integrator is recommending a digital Brooktrout card, (I have a 4 port analog right now) and that all they need is the CTX670 to give them a, and I quote, "fractional (8 channel) T1 line (aka Tie Span, lineside truck, etc.) run from the CTX to the fax server board. This T1 line is often called Robbed Bit or a vanilla voice T1. In the Avaya world this would be a DS1 card"
So during a confrence call with them and my telco CTX vendor, the techs I dont think where on the same page.
Is this possible on the CTX670? What would my Toshiba vendor need to do to my 670 to do this?

In my reading it sounds like the 670 has to use analog ports setup as voice or voicemail.
Any help would be great as I'm an IT guys stuck between to vendors.
Thanks,
Dave

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#194924 09/24/08 09:20 AM
What type of voicemail do you have in your 670? The reason I ask is that the Toshiba ES or MAS voicemail will do all of what you are asking without any integration to any third party.

#194925 09/24/08 09:27 AM
OP Offline
We have the iES32 with 8 VM ports licensed. I think that is where my Toshiba vendor is confused as we wanted to use many of the features that RightFax provides. Exhange integration, PDF converison (faxes show as PDF's in the users Inbox) etc. Plus we have another application that integrates with RightFax.
I'm not at all familiar with how the integrated fax capablities in the ES would work for us.
So there is no card for the CTX670 that would work to connect to a digital Brooktrout fax board?

#194926 09/24/08 09:38 AM
I imagine that an RDTU or BPTU card set up as TIE line would do the trick. Your iES32 can do all of this as well with just a few licenses. With Unified Messaging, your voicemails would show up in your inbox as a .wav file, faxes would show up as .tif files. Faxing from the desktop can be setup easily with Toshibas fax client software. Now Im not at all familiar with RightFax so I dont know what other capabilities you are looking for but with what you stated in your original post, you are already pretty much capable of it all provided you have the licensing on the iES32.

#194927 09/24/08 09:41 AM
Here's how it is done. This is a doc from Castelle who makes the Faxpress which is basically the same as what you've got. I've done this scenario personally and it works good. Don't mid the date, it all applies. Basically you hook it up to analog ports on the Toshiba set as vm ports(so they can receive dtmf integration strings)and route the did's using that...

HOWTO: Integrate Toshiba DK 424i Series PBX To FaxPress

Document ID: HT

This article applies to the following:

Product(s): SBE/2500/5000/7000

Last Revised: 03/14/2001

Last Reviewed:

DISCUSSION

FaxPress will connect to Toshiba analog ports that are to be programmed somewhat like analog voice mail ports.

First connect the FaxPress to analog station ports and program these ports into a distributed hunt group using program *40. Also program the class of service for each port using program 31. Make sure that the FaxPress ports are in their own “VM Group” in the class of service we suggest; group 2, which is LED 06. Enable “Receive VM ID code” LED 16, “End/End Signal Rev (VM) “ LED 17 and “Executive & Privacy Override Blocking” LED 18. Make sure all other Class of Service LED’s are off.

Second use program 17 to specify routing per programs 71 and 72. Light LED 05 for each DID line to activate this service.

Third using program 71create a DNIS digit conversion and routing table for each DID having a FaxPress Box. This program will allow you to assign a unique DTMF digit string to each DID number (7-14) and terminate directly to the FaxPress pilot (71-1, 71-2, 71-3).

Additional query words: PBX, Toshiba, dk, 280

Keywords :
Version :
Platform :
Issue type : kbhowto

DISCLAIMER

The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Castelle. Castelle makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Castelle makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information. Castelle reserves the right to change, without notice, product offerings or specifications and the information in this document.

Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
#194928 09/24/08 10:43 AM
OP Offline
RRino - my thinking is that users are already familiar with the fax client and we are licensed for the RightFax too. I'm interested in the RDTU configured as a TIE line idea though. Is it possible to configure one of these so the 670 would just send the configured DID lines we set for "faxes" out this card and is the interface such that it would connect to a RJ45 connector on the digital Brooktrout card?

P2ii - This is what some of my reading was leading me to also. But again, how does the interface occur between say an 8port analog card to a digital Brooktrout card that I think has a RJ45 connector...

Does the RightFax tech speak mean anything to any Toshiba people here?? I'll quote again "need to have a fractional (8 channel) T1 line (aka Tie Span, lineside trunk, etc.) run from the CTX to the fax server board. ((FYI: this fax server board would be installed in a Dell PE2950 server where the Rightfax software would run.)) This voice T1 line is often called Robbed Bit or a vanilla voice T1."
That's some tech speak if I've ever heard it. I guess the fractional (8 channel) doesn't have to be fractional as the digital fax server card allows for port licensing up from the 8 I need to 24 ports. So in review, does this sound like a RDTU card could do this?
Thanks,
Dave

#194929 09/24/08 12:37 PM
RRino has it right. Use an RDTU, set it as a tie line and go at it with only 8 channels. The T1 card will support up to 24 channels but it can be set for 8 just as easily. However, if you already have a 4-port analog card, get an analog card(RSTU) for the phone system and test it out before going the expensive route. You don't have to purchase the card... just get your vendor to bring one out for test purposes.

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.
#194930 09/24/08 12:55 PM
OP Offline
Shawn,
Another question. What is the interface like for the RDTU? RJ45? I thought the RDTU was for PRI in not out. I guess I'm asking can you take a patch cable an link the RDTU to the input on the digital Brooktrout card (which I'm pretty sure is RJ45)?
Thanks,
Dave

#194931 09/25/08 03:47 AM
You don't need the digital card to interface with the Right fax. Just analog. The calls come into the T-1/PRI of the CIX and get passed right to the fax server with dtmf integration digits. If my fax number is 864-555-1234 coming into the CIX then in my DID setup for that number I would use the DID/DNIS VMID CODE dialog box and input whatever number in rightfax I'm using for that fax.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
#194932 09/25/08 07:31 AM
Ive also done the integration to a fax server through analog ports off of a CIX. We did the same type of set-up, analog ports set up as vm ports and put into a hunt group, DID's pointed to the pilot number and the VM application digits would send it to the right fax. The application Dave is describing is basically using a P2P trunk. What is making me wonder is how the fax DID's are gonna get routed over this P2P connection and how are they gonna be distiguishable(what signaling) by the RightFax box?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,184 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 104 guests, and 427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024