Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#190927 11/05/07 04:43 AM
An update on installing eManager 5 -

WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT THIS WAS!!!!!

I spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support after I tried to install it unsuccessfully. Had two techs plus an engineer on the phone with me while they took opver my laptop to try and figure out what was wrong. After the installation was complete, I was able to connect remotley. Went home and came back the next day and couldn't get in remotely anymore so I call ed tech support back and spent an hour and a half with tow techs and another engineer and they couldn't find the reason why. So, it got escalated to Gwen North. Spent another hour ont eh phone with her, another tech and the developers of eManager (I'm pretty well know now!) who discovered that when I loaded eManager 5 the remote .dll file (I think that is what they said) to allow me to do dial up didn't get registered during the install. They beleive this was becasue I still ad WinAdmin stuff in the registry.

It's all fixed now, but what a pain!! I guess tech support has many different issues with remote dial up, but mine was the first!

Oh, I was running IE6 not IE7, but I was in a domain, which tech support took me out of and vreated a work group for me prior to re-installing eManager 5. I also had enough momory and met all theother requirements for running eManager.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#190928 11/09/07 05:54 AM
I am not finding the install instructions???

#190929 11/09/07 11:52 AM
the instructions for the msde database to sql 2005 express? I have them so pm if you want me to send them to you. they came with download Thank you. Beware as the process is not be done on an empty stomach. i had to do it 3x before i got it right and I am sure it wasn't me smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,186 CTX100 install
187,433 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, nonameyet), 128 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024