Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chad B. Offline OP
OP Offline
Hm, what about doing a Group CO (GCO) and only assigning it to my phone? Would that work to pick up my phone, hit the GCO button, and dial away, having the tosh send the caller ID I program for the GCO?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Thats a possibility........Let me work on it...

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
I prob could have figured that a phantom would not work if I took a second to think about.

I'm a little fuzzy on how a Call-by-Call would work. I know the basic info, and that Toshiba's guide shows how to use it to present different calling ID numbers in a multi-tenant application where the same PRI would use multiple OLGs to show the different calling number.

Hmm, does that mean that you can create access codes to go over different OLGs on the same PRI and show a different Calling Numbers?

I was at an account that ordered a 1/2 dozen POTS lines so they can have Caller ID blocked on some occational calls.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by Chad B.:
Hm, what about doing a Group CO (GCO) and only assigning it to my phone? Would that work to pick up my phone, hit the GCO button, and dial away, having the tosh send the caller ID I program for the GCO?
That's what I was getting at. Just did that same scenario last week. Worked out fine.

Originally posted by newtecky:
Hmm, does that mean that you can create access codes to go over different OLGs on the same PRI and show a different Calling Numbers?
I suppose you can. I would just put pool or gco keys on the phone.

Chad B. Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the info!

It leads me to ask, what are the normal purposes of using GCO keys? Is that something that would be used on analog lines usually?

GCO has a field called "index" that corresponds to the ISDN (PRI) B-channel. So u can select/monitor all 30 channels (or 23, where u guys are at) on the flexible buttons.

I use GCO for ISDN and PLK for analog. But it works the other way around too.

- alfee -
Chad B. Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks alfee for the info, where would I find the GCO setup in e-manager? not gonna change anything now, want to see what it looks like though. thanks.

You can select GCO when assign keys to the phones. instead of CO line or Pool key youould seelct GCO, selec the index you want and the ringing etc.

Chad B. Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks amy!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,516 CTX100 install
187,774 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 154 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024