Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#180502 05/03/05 04:05 PM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
Customer has a 1 cabinet 424i with Strategy DK 4 port. She went into Sys Admin-pressed 8 then 4---deleted several MBs---then realized that she wanted to keep several of them--and pressed 5 (to add) but she is continually getting "that was an invalid entry" when those extensions are dialed. Also, the integration seems to be gone from those extensions---when she dials the VM from those extensions--it goes to the AA instead of the extensions MB. I have tried to add the MBs too here tonight (remotely), but I get the same result she does. I'll be going there tomorrow--any ideas?? What am I not doing? Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Unless you're using SMDI, when you dial the vm pilot number from any station, you will get the main greeting (mb 990). Not sure why you can't add mailboxes via the phone, but since you're arriving on site why not use Stratagy Admin to add those mailboxes?

OP Offline
I don't have a copy of the Strategy Admin. Never seemed to need it--but I guess I'd better get a copy. I do have a copy of DKADMIN/DKBackup-version 4.03---but I've never used it. It's just for the DK phone systems, right?? Anybody out there have a copy of the Strategy Admin??

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
JW - e-mail me now.

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
Got in with the laptop and checked things out. Went to Ex 27's phone and although it showed that she had a VM box, the AA still gave "invalid entry" and she could not get into her VM box from her phone. I then deleted--then added the mailbox & tried again. No go. The VM doesn't seem to recognize the MB---there are maybe 5 or 6 others---but I'm going to try to just work with this one. Suggestions? I will be back on site in the afternoon.

Are you saying that you call the DHG of Vm and hit "Star" and Mbx 27 and it doesn't prompt you for a password? But there is a Mbx 27 in Admin and the user ID is also 27?

OP Offline
Yes--but I'm going back there this afternoon to check & re-check. And also the AA will not transfer to Extension 27. It give the "invalid entry" message.

Do a list in Stratagy Admin and see if there is a dialing confict

OP Offline
I have done a list of all the mailboxes--the first one is all blank--the second one is "0"/ext 10---then 14 mailboxes--then 411 then the 900 series boxes (982-999)

I did a "power shut down" in Admin yesterday and shut system down, reseated the DK, then powered back up. Everything came up normal except for the MBs that I can't access. Both visually (in laptop Admin) and aurally(phone admin) the system says that the boxes are there but I can not get into them & the AA gives a "that is invalid entry" when trying to access station from the AA.

Will a plug & play help this?? We have to do something here, we're still on square one.
Thanks

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Looks like you may have database problems. You can try using the vmbedit command. I'll email with some stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,426 Shoretel
189,198 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 129 guests, and 393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024