Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#180219 04/19/05 02:44 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If it works for all the user's but one, maybe you should focus on what the cause is for that user. What happens when the call is transferred to that user's cell phone?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#180220 04/20/05 05:24 AM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
I agree that I focusing on the one user is appropriate, but.... in general it works. Indeed I tested it again last night. However, about week ago when the problem was noticed (which was about a week after I first set it up), he started getting reports from people that were trying to get ahold of him. People said that when they called his cell all they got was a busy signal. The lady that handles the Verizon phones for us called Verizon. At their prompting, she told them that our system forwards phone calls to his cell. They said, and were insistant, that our system was misprogrammed to forward calls and needed to have the proper forward code put in so that it forwards calls appropriately.

In the mean time the did something (reset the phone, etc) so that he could receive calls.

I posted the message here for two reasons. 1) Verizon said it was definately a misprogrammed call forward. 2) I had heard that there was a diferent way to do call forwarding in the VM other than just putting in the # to forward to. Basically, the @-F <etc> Voyager was talking about.

The original VM forwarding was setup by a phone tech, but he wasn't sure - he said "this should work" and it did and we were happy. But now I have this problem with one of my cell phones so I want to make sure there's not another way that the calls should be forwarded from VM.

#180221 04/20/05 04:30 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
See if there might be a toll restriction on the vm ports for that guy's cell number.

#180222 04/21/05 12:38 PM
Voyagers dial string looked correct to me and we have used that same string, make sure in your Class of Service Trunk to Trunk calls are allowed for your voice mail ports, they are not by default on a CTX

#180223 04/21/05 02:09 PM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
Breed, your advice looked very exciting, but I don't think it will help me. I checked under system, class of service. The "Individual Trunk Access" and "Trunk access allowed" items are on for COS 1. My VM ports (801-804) are using COS 1. I assume that's what you wanted me to check.

Like I mentioned before, using the token VM language this way I think is the way it is supposed to be done. And like Breed said, he's used it and it should work. I think something might not be setup right somewhere.

Again, when I set it up as Voyager said it just pauses, then goes to the main VM greeting. Does the fact that I'm using a PRI line make a difference? Using a PRI line should there be all those flash hooks? Is there a way to test if it is even doing the token language commands? without the token lauguage commands it does work...hmmmm...

I've only tried this on one VM box...so I tried it on a new one. On the new one it gave me very gentle static, then a brief silence, very gentle static, brief silence, then back to the main greeting. That time it was obviously trying to do something.

#180224 04/21/05 02:25 PM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't know if it makes any difference, but my PRI line is set to allow us to do B to B transfers.

#180225 04/21/05 03:58 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I think you're making this harder than it needs to be. You have already said that the 9+phone number+H works for all users but one.
Maybe that particular phone number is toll restricted for the vm ports. Have you checked that?

#180226 04/22/05 03:50 AM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
I suppose I sometimes do make things harder than they need to be [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com].

I haven't checked to see if the phone is toll restricted - but I admit I don't know what that means or how to check. The VM is forwarding to his work cell phone which is through Verizon. I setup that account and know that they are supposed to have no LD and no roaming charges - so what toll charges could there be?

Also, while it may be more difficult, I know that there is supposed to be a token programming way to forward the phones. And the token programming way is the preferred way to do it, indeed Verizon said the way we're doing it caused his phone a problem. While that problem may not affect other phones (may), I still want to do it the right way.

More importantly than that, I've just started forwarding to cell phones from this office, which has the PRI line. I'm getting ready to try it from other offices. The other offices have the call transfer feature on their lines. I need to use that feature because in those offices I can't have the VM taking up 2 lines (which is what I assume it will do if I don't use token programming to do the flash hook control code).

#180227 04/22/05 05:04 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The toll restriction I'm talking about is not with Verizon. It's with the CTX. Specifically, it's with the vm ports on the CTX. If those vm ports are restricted from dialing the cell phone number, then the call transfer to his cell phone can't take place.
Check the vm ports using Winadmin to see if they have any toll restrictions applied to them. The installer may have restricted these ports to prevent abuse.

#180228 04/22/05 07:41 AM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
I checked what I could. The DR is set to "1" for all the VM lines. I checked the DR lists and none are configured.

<mispost>

[This message has been edited by pmc (edited April 22, 2005).]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,186 CTX100 install
187,437 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 128 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024