web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We recently have Toshiba Strategy voicemail installed for the entire company (120 extensions)

However whoever instructed the installation of this did not think this whole thing through and so what we have is 118 analog extensions with non=Toshiba handsets. This means that when a new voicemail is left for a user, the user has no way of knowing as they do not have a message witing indicator on their phones. Nor is there a change to the dial tone !

A silly question, but I suppose all that can be done is to replace our handsets with Toshibe ones that have message waiting LEDs and also change the analog cards in the system to digital ?!

We either leave it as it is which seems such a waste of money or investigate into other options and use the voicemail to its full potential.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1) Wait for an expert to pop in here, but Toshiba does make analog sets with mw indicators.
2) For message waiting lamps to function on the 280, your analog station cards must be at least an RSTU2 (RSTU1 will not work)
3) If the analog phones that you currently have do have a message waiting lamp, then the Stratagy should be able to be programmed to turn the lamp on.
4) I would contact the company that did the install and get them back out to do the job correctly. If you have analog phones with MW lamps, then the tech should have set it up properly in the first place.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Paul is right. RSTU2 is required to notify analog phones. If the phones do not have lights, you should hear studder dial tone.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
Hi,

thanks for your reply. Does what you suggest include the use of non-Toshiba analog phones too ?

I have been told that the stuttered dial tone is simply not possible with this phone system with analog.
We are using analog phones that you can pick up at the local shop/mart for $25

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
As stated above, you will need an RSTU2 or higher for message waiting on analog sets. Of course your phones will need to have the mw lamp that supports 90-volt signaling. Also, turn on led 3 in program 35 for those stations that require it.

[This message has been edited by phonemeister (edited September 30, 2004).]

OP Offline
Hi,

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my question.

We will have to grin and bear the phone system as it is as I have checked the cards in the cabinets and unfortunately they are all RSTU1.

I was going to suggest replacing all of the RSTU1 cards with 2's, then I realized that we are talking about roughly 15 cards here... Still, probably cheaper than going to digital sets and cards.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 01, 2004).]

Well the guys responded with some good info....but if your company bought $25 phones at the swapmeet I know they don't wanna pay for RSTU-2 cards... anyway the real solution to your problem is to have the voice mail call the extensions at intervals to see if someone is there to answer. So... it works like this. ...this cute babe left me a message 15 min. ago while I was out to lunch. My phone rings I answer it and the VM says you have 1 new message, enter your security code. If after 3-4 rings had I not answered it will try agin in 15, 20, 30 60 min. intervals or whatever I program....

OPTION 2 Everyone nowadays has a cell phone, have the voice mail send a text message to their cell phone.

OPTION 3 Email me

By the Way, You're talking to the guy who worked for Toshiba for over 10 years and actually named the product STRATAGY

Oh I see you're in the UK. I traveled there teaching Stratagy classes. Cheers

OP Offline
So is this the message notification templates you are referring to ?

I have read a little about this and did wonder whether this would be a solution for our problem.

Have you any instructions on how to setup these notification templates ? Is it done through the DK admin ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,725 Shoretel
189,768 CTX100 install
187,923 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 76 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024