Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
highfalcon1:
I purchased a manual and I have studied the manual. I have been maintaining this dk40i since April of this year, so I am a Toshiba newbie. You may not remember, but I bet you were a "newbie" at one time.

I have received some great help from Martin and SSPhone, and many other contributors to this forum and I thank them very much. I think it is commendable that they take the time to help Toshiba newbies like me.
I have also hired a tech from a company listed on this site to come out when I was too busy or did not understand how to program a feature.

All I am asking for is help because I have other systems I maintain and cannot spend all of my time or budget on the Toshiba unit I inherited when we bought this office.

If there is anyone out there who has a positive suggestion or idea, I would be very appreciative.
Thanks,
kirk3333

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Not sure of the program number, but there is a program that tells the system what type of phone is on the port. Make sure that it's a 10-button set. Also, I seem to recall that when I added an expansion to a DK40, the new ports started with 012, not the logical 009. I would also try doing programs 39 and 81 using just one port, rather than a range of ports. Just a thought. Good luck.

Administrator
Administrator
What kind of card did you add to the system and in what slot in the expansion cabinet?

OP Offline
DKCU card. I don't remember the slot number right off hand, but it is top of expansion cabinet, back slot.

Can't you add 4 phones per DKCU card? 3 are working fine, it is just this one phone that won't program.
If the phone automatically picked up port 009, how do I manually change port number?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Kirk333, some of the program numbers, like program 81 for example, button 1 on the programming phone represents port 0 and NOT port 1. You may be off by one in programming. Knowing this, please recheck your programming. The fact that the phone in question gives you intercom dialtone tells me that it is a valid digital port.

OP Offline
I have tried everything recommended in previous posts to no avail. It looks like there is some restriction for this station to place external calls. The lines are on the phone; they ring, you can answer the phone. You can call another station using the intercom, you can use DND feature I programmed; but you cannot pick up phone, press LED buttons 1-6, and hear a dialtone. I have checked programming, wiring , and hardware. Any ideas? I thought about replacing the DKCU card. I have reset it using program 3 and 91-2 to simulate power off. What do you think?

access has been denied to that port..

check the program for line access...

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
In prog 40 for that station, turn on all LEDs. In prog 41, turn off all LEDs.

I came accross this problem the other day and I checked everything I could think of spent almost 2 hours gave up marked the port as bad moved phone to new port took some asprin and went home [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Have you tried swaping cards arround thats about the only thing i didn't try my customer would not let me take the phone system down

[This message has been edited by WhiteStar (edited August 19, 2003).]

Administrator
Administrator
SHIABED
Mitch is that you?
Again

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,652 CTX100 install
187,867 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (PhoneGuy827, justbill), 133 guests, and 270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024