web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Grim Reaper, you made me cry.....Im no MS. Spell Check here, but your last sentence 2nd to last paragraph.

I am too busy doing other things to work for him for a ridiculously low wage and be
INSLUTED to boot!

hey, Id be mad if i were insluted too!

laugh it off....you know its funny~

its the only pic i have on photobucket, ill get another one sooner or later : P

Im just a chick who loves Mopar, R1 bikes, my '52 Chevy bubba truck that Im rebuilding. Work consumes the rest of my life with fiber optic and copper cables -
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

A Fredian slip.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Just today I had a exsisting customer ask me do a job, I said I'd call in and price it. He said just come in and do it. I know this guy and I know he will pay me, but I called in to see what is neaded and to give him a price before I do it because it is easier to get paid when they approve the price first and you wont fall out over a few quid.

I am a one man band, I love the work but hate the accounts side,but I find if the is job is surveyed and pre priced, less problems for me on accounts side

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have been working in this field for 25 plus years the lats 10 on my own, I have been stiffed 4 times. One was an electrical contractor I had worked for for years He went bankrupt. two out of state companies who also went bell up and one guy who was just a crook. Getting stiffed is a big pain... however i will always extend trust to my customers till the prove they are un trust worthy. If i get screwed then I'll just get screwed. Too many honest people out there to raise a big fuss.

If you want to get paid ........ get it in writing. I can barely remember myself what I did yesterday and need to write it down within 24 hours. I have no idea what I did a week ago. Make it a habit to write it down and get someone to sign. I think they appreciate having a record made of what was agreed. It keeps both sides honest.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I use a basic email verification and work order when necessary. Normally I don't have many issues, but I can see them before they arrive.

I make the customer email a work request.
I get a deposit for ANY work over $500
they sign a contract for anything over $1000
I make the customer sign a work order. If its a subcontract job, they sign the sub work order and one from me. That lets me collect from the customer in a worst case scenario.
Bill in a timely manner. It seems they pay faster when the job is fresh in the mind..
Never give out tech passwords. That way, you always have a trump card.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,649 Shoretel
189,537 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 151 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024