Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
"Look at program 640 in the PTPM"

"OBT is reading from the same manual (FM)"

I take it these are installer guide of sorts, sorry as stated I am Norstar.

Is there a link to all the resources for phones/systems? or are they locked like Nortel?.

Thanks guys.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Seems there is an Auto Answer selection in Options/menu for the TD7695.

OBD states it wont work, is this because it is controlled by the KSU and it is the one that will not allow it?

I need to find this FM guide what ever it means.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

By default in US Page All is *3332. Calls all PT's on the system and Ext Page on the 50.
You can put any combo of up to 32 ext groups into a all call group with the console.
Some wireless can have Auto Answer, 7695 being one
of them, just select only Intercom calls.
Very handy when at the pool or working in the garage.
It will also answer CO calls if you like.
This works with all KSU -TDA-TD-NCP-824-848 in US.
There is an Installation manual, a program manual, a feature manual, and an operations manual.
All need to be read to understand the system.
Or just spend some time perusing the Maint Console.

OP Offline
Perfect!

Thanks again....customer is now happy and I just might learn this system.

In the end the confusion was the Norstar version of deny would just ring the set instead where the Panasonic version of deny was that the caller could not hear the person they called but the called person could hear the caller, a form of privacy in a way where we thought it was broken.

cheers
cc

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Do you not have a Tech support and training course for Panasonic in Canada?

Admin
Admin
The 4 functions (or the two pairs of functions) of the Auto Answer button of a Panasonic phone is fairly unique to Pana, but is that part of a training class or just something you pick up by reading the distinction in the manual?

We always maintain that there's not a dime's worth of difference in PBX systems, just how the manufacturer defines terms and implements features. Each box has similar features and programming, so if you're trained in one, you can probably figure out the other ones. Being Mitel trained initially (well discounting the Leich 40's and 80's and the #5 XB or the TCS-2) we always end up comparing features.

In fact, this weekend, some of us old farts will get together during the Dayton Hamvention. It's going to be interesting to see how many people go. But, I think you find in the industry, there are really two levels of training, those that have prior experience, and those that are beginners. As I've sat in class, I know that a lot of instructors gear the course toward the participants. My PhoneSuite class of 3 was pretty advanced and primarily just covered the unique features of the system, where the initial Mitel class was a "hands on" class. Of course there was a 30 year difference in the training :-)

OP Offline
Do you not have a Tech support and training course for Panasonic in Canada?
Cannot answer truthfully, I have not have not had time to research but one would presume so since we have running water too and not just igloo's.
This is not a question about where can I get training, I am not about to take a course because I have only one question about auto answer lol, ridiculous question.....NEXT!.

My PhoneSuite class of 3 was pretty advanced and primarily just covered the unique features of the system, where the initial Mitel class was a "hands on" class. Of course there was a 30 year difference in the training :-)
From my experience over 26 years in the industry in Canada we have sales training where features are the topic of discussion and technical training is for configuration/programming.....seems pretty logical to me.

We always maintain that there's not a dime's worth of difference in PBX systems, just how the manufacturer defines terms and implements features. Each box has similar features and programming, so if you're trained in one, you can probably figure out the other ones
Your right in that this is true for the most part but just proven in this thread thread that not all is easily understood and requires a little assistance be it reading or questions to translate the difference.
Had somebody who knew both system well and read this post would have answered the question easily I am sure, instead it was a pry it out of people sort of post, I didn't mind and I am great full to finally get the right answers as I am sure those who are happy when I answer questions in the Norstar forum without the RTFM attitude.
Even the Auto Answer of a Meridian or Succession PBX works differently than Norstar yet the same manufacturer.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,402 Shoretel
189,155 CTX100 install
187,424 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 128 guests, and 361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024