Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Funny timing......I just got a Windows 2003 Server from the business next door that went under. Will you walk me through defaulting it back to scratch and then setting it up for my business?

I would like it in this format;

1 - Press On Button
2 - Once computer starts log on
3 - etc

Thanks in Advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Yeah, right, just the right compare...
Why not compare it to:
I want to create a group that contains users that have r/w permissions to x:\ drive?
That will be much more like what I asked for and yes, I can give you guidelines and/or step-by-step instructions:
Open ADUC (and I can tell you where to find it), go to Action in the menu, click Add a group, ect ect.
I would certenly NOT tell you "Its related to Security Groups" and refuse to continue discussing with you, as all of you did.
But, luckily, there are also some decent people here, that already gave me useful assistance.
So keep on living in your arrogant world, Keep on believing you are superior to others, and keep on patting each other's back. It will surely bring you somewhere.
Where?

Originally posted by Arielvista:
Sorry, typing mistake, sorry, sorry, sorry.
Oh, just thought of it now, could this be the reason you oppose so decisively to help out????
No! If you read above you will realize that you have been helped. What you are failing to realize is that when you refer to having all the documentation what that means is you have all the documentation allocated to you not all the documentation that exists.

The reason you are not getting what you want is not because of a spelling error but because you are an end user. Granted you are an end user with technical skills but not the correct technical skills to receive your desired request in an open forum.

One thing to keep in mind, is that, like many of the systems out there, this is NOT supposed to be sold to the general public, nor is it meant to be a Do-it-yourself installation. These systems are meant to be sold and installed by qualified dealers who have gone through the training of how to configure these systems (remember also, that, like the training you have had, the training that a phone tech goes through is very expensive, as well as the tools that they must equip.)

Some systems are more flexible than others, and take a lot more attention to get ticking over properly. This system is one of those kinds.

You should find a dealer not only to help you with your current problem, but also to help you with new phones. I'm willing to bet that your system has capabilities you haven't thought of. A good dealer is your friend, who allows you to concentrate on your IT network. Make a good one.

OP Offline
Originally posted by grider:
No! If you read above you will realize that you have been helped.
For the example I gave in the previous reply, I could have sent you to read all the documentation from Microsoft. I doubt if you would find what you were looking for in a reasonable time. Thats not considered by me as helping.
Sorry

OP Offline
And for g*d's sake, I have the PBX, I have the Maintenance Console installed and connected, I have all needed passwords. Its just creating a group and assigning it the right properties. I have done this with two ext's I needed to function as Hunting group with circular hunting type. what could possibly be so much more complicated to create what I have asked for????
I just don't know the right group to create. What's the big deal helping out?

Arielvista, it had nothing to do with your spelling, and everything to do with your attitude. Although I did find the content of your post and the grammatical errors extremely ironic.

A lot of hard working telecom guys work together to make this board a great place. We are here as a service to fellow telecommunications professionals. We even have a few IT guys, as well as former IT guys, moderating here. We have all paid our dues in this field for many years. Now I am sure you have done the same in the IT world. I am certain that at some point in your career you have been required to obtain certifications such as CCNA, MSCE, Linux, Unix, etc. Why should a TDA certification be considered so trivial? Why is our experience and knowledge so meaningless?

Unlike most of the KX series Panasonic equipment, the TDA is a Dealer exclusive product. So there's not a lot that we can do for you here.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
Sometimes the best way to learn is by trial and error. As you said, you have all of the tools and the password at your disposal. If you figure it out, then YOU deserve the pat on the back, not us. If you don't, call your local dealer as has been suggested several times.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
OP Offline
Originally posted by rich30529:
Arielvista, it had nothing to do with your spelling, and everything to do with your attitude. Although I did find the content of your post and the grammatical errors extremely ironic.

A lot of hard working telecom guys work together to make this board a great place. We are here as a service to fellow telecommunications professionals. We even have a few IT guys, as well as former IT guys, moderating here. We have all paid our dues in this field for many years. Now I am sure you have done the same in the IT world. I am certain that at some point in your career you have been required to obtain certifications such as CCNA, MSCE, Linux, Unix, etc. Why should a TDA certification be considered so trivial? Why is our experience and knowledge so meaningless?

Unlike most of the KX series Panasonic equipment, the TDA is a Dealer exclusive product. So there's not a lot that we can do for you here.
Now thats the fist serious answer I got here.

As for my grammatical errors, I dare you to post in hebrew, and then talk to me again. I can assure you that my english is MUCH better than a lot of israeli guys (Including my TDA dealer's tech staff, BTW, and thats a fact. One of them knew all operations he had to do but he didn't speake a single word in english...LOL).

As for the rest of your reply:
I never thought anyone else's experience and knowledge meaningless, on the contrary. Since I respect your knowledge, thats the reason I ask the question. Who else can you learn?
Thats exactly the purpose of forums, to share knowledge. This is my opinion, anyway

OP Offline
Originally posted by rich30529:
Sometimes the best way to learn is by trial and error. As you said, you have all of the tools and the password at your disposal. If you figure it out, then YOU deserve the pat on the back, not us. If you don't, call your local dealer as has been suggested several times.
I WILL figure it out, with or without you help. No doubt about it. I just want to spare myself the trial-and-error thing, if I can.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,590 Shoretel
189,475 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024