Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#160969 12/31/07 08:17 AM
OP Offline
I have a KXTA624 and TVS50. I inherited this system. I find I need to reprogram the VPS and don't quite know how. (The sytems appear to be originals; no -2,-3,-4, etc)
I have been able to create a menu, having the caller press 1 to get to ME.
I want to setup a night menu.
Not sure how? I want the caller to hear the welcome message. The instructions to Press 1 for an Emergency or 2 to leave a message.
When they press 2 a menu list of people is heard. In fact this is the same as the day time list.
I downloaded the instruction/installation/subscriber manuals. Apparently I'm not smart enough to figure this out...

BTW I bought the building and the phone system was in it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#160970 12/31/07 11:20 AM
save yourself a large head ache and pay
a trained panasonic tech to spend an hour with you and set it up right...

#160971 01/02/08 02:56 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the info. I don't mind headaches.

#160972 01/02/08 06:00 AM
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
sundogusa, CW is right AA can be tricky,but if you want to try---

First you have to set a custom service menu to do your menu i.e
1= ext 101 or mailbox / custom service with emergency numbers/ fwd to outside line
2= custom service that has the list done and used for day mode.

then in the port services you have to set what custom service is played at night.

You will have to set the tvs to use auto day -night service and set timers to switch from day to night when you want them to do and have to be done for each day of week.

You will have to use terminal services in windows or panasonic tvs software (not sure if it is available for this model)to do this you can not do this through the phone

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
#160973 01/02/08 09:43 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the help. I was able to access the TVS programming with my laptop. My downfall is I don't understand some of the proprietary Panasonic terminology--"Department Dialing" Whatever that is...I have all the manuals (downloads are free). I discovered through another forum, that there is a seperate system prompts or greeting in night mode, exclusive from day mode. I did not see that in the manuals!!!
Interesting what can be done with this unit, if you can find the information.
Thanks!

#160974 01/02/08 10:26 AM
Hi sundogusa and welcome to the board. welcome

The information you are requesting goes well beyond what this forum was intended for. This board is here to help the typical end user with problems such as, how to set up a speed dial, or how to activate call forwarding, etc.

We also are here to help out fellow professional technicians when they get stuck, or have a problem.

Knowing the terminology comes fom years of experience in the field.

As mentioned above, call a professional. The voicemail unit you have is capable of doing a lot. A professional will be able to explain the features to you, and make suggestions that will make your system operate at its fullest potential.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
#160975 01/02/08 11:36 AM
Admin
Admin
Sundogusa,

Building custom service mailboxes isn't that difficult if you really have a lot of time on your hands. True, a dealer can build one in 30 minutes or less, but you can try your hand at it and get excellent results for your troubles.

From one who has been building routing boxes for 20 years, first in the Amanda then Panasonic TVS voice mail, the hardest part is to put it on paper. I start with 3 boxes side-by-side, labelled DAY NIGHT and HOLIDAY. Because I'm old, I number them 30 60 and 40. Now you just edit each box to define what happens when you press the digits 1-0, *, # and no input. I tend to avoid 1 as a function because extensions begin with 1. I did a church where Mass times were digit 4, so I created a custom service 34 to hold the recording. It was accessed from the Day (and night) digit 4. They used an internal directory instead of the TVS #1 (digit 3 (CS 33) then (for Father so and so) dial 104, for the secretary 101 etc etc.) It was just a matter of putting the extensions in the digits of the custom service menu.

The TVS and TVA systems are "end user" products, meaning that you have full access to manuals and it's allowed to be sold via ecommerce. Most users don't want to be bothered with the installation or programming of the VM, but I have some customers that do their own greetings.

I echo the others when I suggest you get a dealer to set up your system. Since yours is already installed, it's your decison if you want to modify it.

Carl

#160976 01/02/08 12:15 PM
Originally posted by sundogusa:
Thanks for the help. I was able to access the TVS programming with my laptop. My downfall is I don't understand some of the proprietary Panasonic terminology--"Department Dialing" Whatever that is...I have all the manuals (downloads are free). I discovered through another forum, that there is a seperate system prompts or greeting in night mode, exclusive from day mode. I did not see that in the manuals!!!
Interesting what can be done with this unit, if you can find the information.
Thanks!
back in the tvs days if the phone system was set intercept route no answer to voicemail (ext165)after 5-7 rings in a small biz you could get away with one custom dialing menu 1(I don't ever refer to it as auto attendant nor have I ever used that feature) and you are open
7 days a week you could get away with running in one mode all the time.....if you you want to get fancy you can set up night mode and use custom dialing menu 2 for after hours and weekend and
your fine.

#160977 01/02/08 01:32 PM
KLD Offline
As this is an analog 624, it will take another direction to get into the TVS 50. As Rich indicated, this request is well beyond the normal user guide help we give in a public thread.

Sundogusa, if you want this advanced assistance, please contact a mod or tech via PM or e-mail. There may be a nominal charge or not, that is up to them.

As Rich said welcome to the board. Keep your sense of humor about you and enjoy the great amount of wisdom that resides here.

Good Luck.

Ken
---------
#160978 01/03/08 12:11 AM
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Sundogusa, There is not different greetings for day and night greetings in AA only in mailbox settings all the AA menus are custom services and in turn are set up in the ports to what custom service is played at what time and any other options could lead to another custom service like the one for the mailbox listing.

KLD gave good advice about contacting a mod to give you help or get a local tech in to set it up and show you how to mannage the system from there in.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,835 Shoretel
189,957 CTX100 install
188,059 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024