Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you normaly get a 3.5 mm mono jack in with the screws.
I Have used normal stereo leads but they can be hit and miss pulling it in and out to make contact. try mono leads as i think the socket in the system is mono
I have come across on a kxtda 100 that if the audio level is to high going in to system it can stop it coming through on hold.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Zeus Offline OP
OP Offline
OBT

Just checked and found the little plastic bag with three screws and washers also containing one black strap for tidying the cables. the packet was still sealed with a staple but no audio socket. I have tried it with a mono jack but no continuity when tested with a multi meter

MAY BE YOU CAN CHANGE THE STERIO TYPE JACK CONNECTOR

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Zeus, I had a look at the socket in the 308 and you can only test with a multi-meter if you take out the board as the centre pin is terminated to the pcb under the socket. the two pins in front which I beleive you are testing are the ground and the other one is dead on the board.use a mono plug. check if you have sound on jack with butt phone or line in on pc.

Zeus Offline OP
OP Offline
OBT - thanks :bow: well that makes sense will test as soon as Panasonic send me a link for the maintenance console (lost the disk -unless someones has a link?)

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you can programme the system through the handset. moh is prog 111

Admin
Admin
So I got out the meter and plugged my previously mentioned 1/8" cable into the MOH jack. The reason you can't read continuity is because there IS NONE!!!

Now start at the beginning of this thread. Do you have output from the music source on the TIP and SLEEVE of a 3.5 mm MONO jack? Oh, that's all there is on a MONO jack :-)

Plug it into a source, turn it on, plug it into the system and go to the main phone and press 1.
The display will say BGM On. If it doesn't, go into programming, dial 626 and press SP PHONE twice. It better say BGM Control #01:Enable.

Carl

P.S. Nobody "loses" two CD's. Either you never had it or you are probably not cut out for phone work. And I believe everyone here has the link.

Admin
Admin
Duplicate post

Zeus Offline OP
OP Offline
:toast: well got it working. Got the password for panasonic download.(I only got sent one CD with the first box). the console showed the BGM enable but it didn't work. So I followed you info 'Carl' :bow: and figured it out how to program it. Many Thanks :thumb:

I am not an installer I have no training in installation, But I installed the last Panasonic Phone system at work without any probs. Looks like the the systems are a little tricker - I did think the GUI (console would save me having to resort to the 'programing') But that didn't work out. works with the stereo plug too.

Thanks for your patience - I'll stick to my dayjob laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,385 Shoretel
189,094 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024