Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ALLN1 Offline OP
OP Offline
I know this is not logical but it is what the customer has requested.

He is opening an executive suites office. He wants each suite to be able to have 2 analog lines each and 2 phones each. Total suites are 72. He wants them all to be able to go to a single secretary. He wants the secretary to be able to tell which customer line the call is coming from.
And he wants each extension to be able to put there phone in DND and be able to have there calls to route to the operator.

Does anyone have any ideas on systems that would be able to handle this situation.

:bang: I would personally like to use PRI but the customer does not want to because then the customer would not be able to order there own lines.

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
I have several exec suites doing this with Nortel Option 11 and Comdial FX with Impact Attendant. But they are using PRIs.

[Linked Image]
Well, not many systems are going to be able to handle 140 + 140 + analog trunk cards for the clients. Tadiran gets that big and if the suites order 3+ lines each you are talking some hefty real-estate. I would suggest PRI and getting numbers for them and billing them back...you know cut them a good deal to get dial tone from YOU...but have the availibity to provide trunk ports if they wish it. You are going to need a system that has true tenant services for this beast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Brian, I know what you are saying. Separate billing is a huge part of things in shared-tenant situations so that the tenants can come and go with their numbers. That's understandable.

Vodavi/Vertical's XTS600-IP can meet these capacities with no problem.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Nortel can do it for sure, but I don't see the reason for 2 phones in each office with 1 line each. On the phones, I seldom use the buttons that come with them as "Line 1", "Line 2", etc. I use a P-Touch and identify the buttons with the phone numbers.

In this scenario, I would use 1 phone with two lines identified as I explained. Do the same on the secretary's phone so she knows as well.

He wants them all to be able to a single secretary.
doesn't make since. What word is missing?

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
The only thing I've seen really handle this well is a Definity. You'll go mad trying to explain to someone why the three call appearance buttons aren't "lines" and then go mad making them work like lines so the tenants can use the system.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
AVAYA Definity is the way to go.

If you're using analog trunks and keysets - simple line appearance would work on many systems (Vodavi XTS comes to mind). Really a fairly simple application. IF you were to use PRI instead of analog, it would make much more complicated...
Mike

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Mitel could also do this, I believe.
BUT, 1A2 will do it all and certainly help hold the building down during a tornado! Main secretary would have to have one of those Plant Equipment monster keyboards, like they used to use in stock and commodity trading centers. If ED doesn't have one, I'll bet he knows where to get one! And everybody could have their own VM! Can you say 'telephone answering machine'? Man, I'd almost come out there to help you put it in for free! Maybe Ed and KLD from KC area would come out, too. How about it guys, last new giant 1A2 installed in the U.S. Put out a call for all the old bell 1A2 guys that are still ambulatory, they'd probably do it for room and board! Have to set up easily implemented ring matrix. I've got it in my head, not hard just takes a LITTLE space. Five button phones in every suite, with button for IC within suite and another button for a 200 station IC. DND would just be a lock-down button that diverts ringing to main secretary ring matrix. Still leaves 2 buttons for 2 C.O. lines! This is startin' to come together. Where is Mustang, OK? Just one thing, it'll probably take 1 of those suites for all the equipment and 66 blocks! And we may have a short-term problem getting enough 25 pair. And, since it's an 'obsolete' technology, we will have to have all kinds of help and instruction sheets all over the place, so the CISCO types and 'never seen one before' phone techs can cope when we are all pushin' up daisies and that 1A2 is till 'clickin' along'!John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Admin
Admin
I think I see alligators...did anybody think to pull the drain plug?

I would imagine that most phone systems capable of 500 ports would do nicely in this regard and be fairly scalable. Panasonic, Avaya, Nortel, Vertical (that jars the senses (Comdial)) to name a few. Probably the thing to look for is whether the console can function as an answering service console with DSS and trunk information during incoming calls. Also the question would be what kind of ACD it has for unanswered calls; maybe a universal message on hold to available agent(s)

And the system would take only 1/2 of a relay rack instead of 1/2 of a semi-trailer.

Carl "is Plant/TEC still in business" Navarro

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,430 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,442 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, BobRobert), 153 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024