Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#159005 06/07/07 05:45 AM
OP Offline
The touch-tones are very feint when using the the handset on the primary programing phone. When the hand set is hung up pressing the keypad yeilds normal sounding number tones from the phone. We have 3 incoming lines with a total of 5 phones on the system including the primary programing phone. All lines and other 4 phones are working properly except the primary programing phone. This is creating a problem because we are having a problems remotly accessing things like other companies directories or anything that requires a number tone from us to access. We can get access sometimes but the tones are very feint in the hand set. I have looked through the manuel to try to solve the problem but have not found anything.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Swap handsets with a good unit.
Still bad? Swap with a good phone.
This should narrow it down to handset, phone or port.

OP Offline
We swapped the handset still feint tones. Swapped with a good phone it worked. The problem is the phone that is not working is the master phone that programs everything. The phone will produce tones in the handset after it has been unplugged and replugged in. You can press about ten numbers and the the tones become feint again.

Mike, welcome
It certainly seems as though you need a new display set.
MrG

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Man, I'd sure suspect the port. DTMF is generated in the cabinet, I believe. Unless you are using 70XX analog phones.
Remember that as long as the phones are the same series, i.e. 70XX, or 72XX, or 74XX, you can swap them around for testing, you just lose buttons when you go from 24 button to 12 button, and, of course displays when you go to non-display. Actually, you can swap 72XX and 74XX for testing without getting in trouble. Let us know what you find. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
LH, I too suspected the port but he stated that when changing the set all was normal. :shrug:
MrG

Could be a bad hs or line cord shorting out.
Be sure to include new cords in the test also.

MrG, I'm thinking 'soft' port, works for a while, then down the tubes, until it gets either a phone reset or even a power reset, then it works again, for awhile. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
The phone that is bad is a KX-T7230 and the other phones on the system are KX-T7220. I believe that they are digital. We have swapped the KX-T7230 with all the other phones and KX-T7230 is the only one with the tone problem. You believe this problem is caused in the cabnet and not the individual phone? We swapped the cords and handsets with two other phones and still same tone problem.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
It appears that you have reached the conclusion that the 7230 is bad through your process of elimination. You are correct, the 72XX series are digital phones. You will need to either send the 7230 in for repair or purchase another one. The 7433 is the more recent replacement.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,407 Shoretel
189,166 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024