web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I hung around for an hour and a half and it never kicjed on , they had a voicemail that was recieved after hours and you could here the hum/wine , I don't think that it is the air compressor, it shouldn't kick on when it is not in use.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
see if you can get them to turn off the compressor at night

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
I don't think that it is the air compressor, it shouldn't kick on when it is not in use.

I agree with both statements. Just to satisfy them all you have to do is open a blow gun (or whatever dentists call those things) and the compressor should kick on. Keep in mind also that there should also be a vacuum pump for the spit suckers. Works the same way- turn something on.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Here is a small one that drove me crazy once. Almost the same thing was being complained about...it turned out to be that on the opposite side of the wall in the next suite, a dentists office, was there X-ray equipment on the wall. Everytime they took a picture it would cause RF or EMI and the our customers KSU would glitch. some times calls would drop but mostly the calls in progress would here a white noise that quickly got louder and then as quickly went away. It took us a while to figure this out, we changed KSU's, ran new grounds, had electrician in.

Air compressors will lose air overnight and recycle some of the times so its not uncommon for a air compressor to kick on at odd times.

We also had a building issue in a strip style office park where the huge on the ground transformer just outside the customers back door was causing power issues for several customers. They came out and repaired something and everything was fine. The electrician discovered this one. Also a machine shop's electric welder caused problems once that was solved by using shielded cable for the shop phone.

Another thing you might double check--is the noise REALLY on all lines, or as is customary, the customer pays no attention to when the noise occurrs and just tags the complaint to 'all the lines' when only one is actually affected.

OP Offline
Toshiba Bob , what was the fix for the office with the X-ray equipment causing the problem?? I never thought about the X-ray machine

We had to move the system and backboard to another wall. We extended the lines and house cables on a couple of 25 pairs with no problem and never had a reoccurance.
The issue was the KSU's motherboard or processor and not the cabling bringing the EMI/RF into the system. It was that they were in fact ...back to back.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,181 CTX100 install
187,430 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (phonman123), 130 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024